How can I tell what operasting system I have on my Curve 8330? Also would I be able to install the OS 6 on it? I don't like the system I have now. It freezes and keeps shutting off. I also am unable to view you tube videos.
    01-31-11 08:28 AM
    Menu/Options/About. No you cannot install Os6. The 8330 does not have enough room. Check Menu/Options/Status. Check your File Free memory. If it is below 5mb you should delete some apps. Make sure you do not have too many apps running in the background. Press and hold the bb key. This will popup the app switcher and show you a list of running programs. Any more than 5 is taxing. Close them by using the menu/close method. Not all apps will close using the escape (back) arrow. Do a battery pull and refresh your caches. Delete old mail and phone logs. Good luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-11 08:57 AM
    How can I tell what operasting system I have on my Curve 8330? Also would I be able to install the OS 6 on it? I don't like the system I have now. It freezes and keeps shutting off. I also am unable to view you tube videos.
    Freezing usually means low memory. Although you will never get OS 6.0 on your 8330 you can install a small hybrid OS 5.0.
    8330 Hybrid v438.18.0
    How to Maximize Your BB 8330 Memory
    01-31-11 12:29 PM
    Go to options and about. Check the third row down for your OS. The Curve 8330 cannot and will not ever run OS 6. If you're having problems with your device freezing try a battery pull.
    01-31-11 11:56 PM
    Thank you for all the responses. I will try to download the 5. I have done numerous battery pulls which sems to be only a temporary fix. It seems like the resetting started once I installed the battery pull app.
    02-01-11 01:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD