I just bought a great lightly used unlocked 8310 but there is an IT policy and i cannot disable the password plus I cannot make the browser appear even tho the browser application is installed. I tried running JL_cmdr and reinstalling the OS. The IT plicy is still there. Please help me. Thanks in advance.
    09-20-09 07:27 PM
    run jl_cmder and select option 5 "resettofactory". do not wipe device. now, without restoring and backups, is the it policy removed?
    09-20-09 07:30 PM
    Did you use the "Reset to Factory" option in JL_Cmdr? That should wipe the phone and remomve the policy.
    09-20-09 07:30 PM
    Step 1
    Ensure the Blackberry Desktop Manager is installed using Blackberry Internet Service, and not Blackberry Enterprise Server. If you are unsure, It is best to uninstall the Desktop Manager and reinstall again.

You can also download the software from BlackBerry Software Site.

Step 2
    Download the file policy.bin from the link and save it in your Blackberry installation directory i.e. C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry .

Step 3
    Create a full backup of your device using the Desktop Manager. Refer to this link on how to backup (and also restore) your device.

Step 4
    Unplug your device and wipe it. Select Options > Security > Wipe or for newer v4.2 OS devices, go to Options > Security Options > General Settings > Wipe.

Step 5
    Close the Desktop Manager if it is opened.

Step 6
    From the Windows Start Menu select Run..., type regedit in the field. In the tree on the left hand side of the Registry Editor, navigate to:

HKEY_Current_Users\Software\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\PolicyManager

Right-Click the Policy Manager folder and select New > String Value. Name the value Path. Then double-click the Path subkey and set Value Data to:

C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\policy.bin

Step 7
    Open the Desktop Manager and connect the device.

Once completed, you should be able to change all security settings and install 3rd party applications.

Hope this helps...

Steve
    10-07-09 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD