Hi. I'm a newbie to the BlackBerry Curve 8330 and I'd like to NOT have my work email go into my generic mailbox. Is this possible or do all emails (email accounts) have to go into the general mailbox? This is my personal BlackBerry and I'd really like to only look at work emails when I want to rather than see them 24/7. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!
    10-23-09 03:12 PM
    BIS or BES ?
    10-23-09 03:22 PM
    If you're on BIS, you can set up a 2nd email icon. However, if you're on a work phone, I doubt that can happen.

If your personal email is a gmail or yahoo, you can download the mail apps for those as another option.
    10-23-09 03:33 PM
    seperate them?

in your message icon/options/ then the theme control click separate it would make all your text and emails have their own icons
    10-23-09 03:36 PM
    Thanks for replying so quickly. Its BIS.
    10-23-09 03:51 PM
    I have both my personal email (hotmail) accounts and work email account (Outlook) - 3 total - on the Blackberry. They all have their separate email icon and all the messages from all three accounts also go into the generic mailbox. I was hoping to remove the work emails from the generic mailbox so it only contains and alerts me to hotmail account emails.
    10-23-09 03:53 PM
    If you have 3 separate email icons....i assume that means you're getting notifications to the message folder, AND to whatever email icon you get the email too. Just hide the "Message" folder, and the email will only go to the email icon, and you won't get notifications for the "Messages" folder.
    10-23-09 04:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD