The keyboard on my new curve quit...actually all the buttons no longer work. How can I erase everything on my Blackberry without using the keyboard? please help! Thanks!
    12-30-08 03:54 PM
    Download CrackUtil from my sig. Plug your 8330 into a your PC and use the Wipe function. This will remove the OS along with all personal information and leave the device completely non-functional.
    12-30-08 03:59 PM
    the menu key and trackball work?
    12-30-08 04:00 PM
    the menu key and trackball work?
    Unfortunately nothing works. I have to plug it in to see who email or txt'd me.
    12-30-08 04:01 PM
    Download CrackUtil from my sig. Plug your 8330 into a your PC and use the Wipe function. This will remove the OS along with all personal information and leave the device completely non-functional.
    Since it will be non-functional will there be an issue when I send it back to VZW? Sorry I'm kinda new to BB's. I've only had it about 2 months.
    12-30-08 04:02 PM
    It might cause a warranty problem to send it back wiped. But your previous post gave me another idea. Plug it into Desktop Manager and use the Advanced option under backup and restore. In the right hand pane, select the databases you want to clear and push the "Clear" button. You can clear the Address Book, Calendar, MemoPad, Messages and Tasks. And any other database that looks like it might have personal information in it.
    12-30-08 04:32 PM
    I just plugged it my old Curve which has been deactivated and no my computer is not recognizing it? Now what?!?! Sorry for all the questions...this has been a pain for me.
    12-31-08 09:55 AM
    I assume you're exchanging it under warranty. Call CS, get permission to wipe the device to protect your personal info, be sure to record the date, time and person you spoke with. Then follow Jeff's advice to wipe it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-31-08 10:21 AM
    DL JL Cmdr, connect the BB to your Desktop/Laptop, run JL Cmdr and select option 4 to wipe and thats it!

12-31-08 10:57 AM
    With my experience with exchanges with TMO. I always wipe my BB before i sent it back. Never had an issue.
    12-31-08 11:05 AM
    thru the desk manager
    12-31-08 11:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD