Hello all.
    I have a blackberry curve and i was wondering if there was a way to download the text messages to my computer and view them, copy paste them to MS WORD or something similar where I could print them.
    04-04-09 03:06 PM
    There is not way to Download them. There are some third part apps you can view from a backup or fwd them to an email address. Then you can print them
    Last edited by lastraid; 04-04-09 at 03:45 PM.
    04-04-09 03:10 PM
    I copied and pasted on docs to go, hooked bb to pc, then printed. Annoying but it worked.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-04-09 03:23 PM
    I was wondering the same thing myself. Couldn't you use a screen cap program like Capture IT and save the message (or what you see of it on the screen) as a photo and then move it from your sd card to your computer to print? I don't know about putting it into Word or anything like that, though.
    04-04-09 03:23 PM
    You could use a software program on your computer named ABC Amber BlackBerry Converter.

The software will allow you to open the IPD files created when you do a backup with BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

You can view, print and export the data to various formats. There's a free trial version so you can try it out.
    04-04-09 03:39 PM
    I guess it depends if you are wanting to print them for your records or to have legal proof someone sent you something.

Legal proof is a totally different situation, so I'll go with "for your records."

Can't you just fwd a text to an email address? I haven't done it, but I see the option. Then just print the email from any computer. Seems easy, if it works.

04-04-09 03:54 PM
    Yes that what I have done FWD to email then print.

04-04-09 03:56 PM
    Yes, that is why I have an e-mail not tied to my BB, to forward stuff like that for archiving.

04-04-09 03:59 PM
    If it is indeed for a legal issue. Your carrier may help in providing printed copies.
    04-04-09 04:01 PM
    You could use a software program on your computer named ABC Amber BlackBerry Converter.

The software will allow you to open the IPD files created when you do a backup with BlackBerry Desktop Manager.

You can view, print and export the data to various formats. There's a free trial version so you can try it out.
    Loving the interjected viral marketing. Inspires one to find crack...
    07-17-09 09:48 PM
    Go to dexrex.com and sign up for a free acct.
    Download the blackberry application and all text messages will automatically sync the moment you send or recieve them, online. I don't think the program will sync old messages. It's free, so you could try it and see. Maybe you could forward them to yourself to get them to sync?

An important note - if for any reason your phone does not connect with the program, your messages during that time will not sync up. I've only lost connection once, when my BES server was not working. I check it about once a week.

Log in from any computer, and print out the ones you want - the entire conversation between two parties, as it occurred. You can also forward the conversation to another party, if you need to.

I used this program for legal matters with another party. Worked like a charm. My printouts WERE admitted as evidence to the court.

All messages have date and time stamps and are labeled with who said what.

This also works with various IM programs, though I don't use them. I don't know how the messages look, but I'm assuming the same as with text messages.

I have not noticed a battery drain with the program. I've had it about 6 months.

txladi29
    Last edited by txladi29; 07-17-09 at 10:50 PM.
    07-17-09 10:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD