I am giving my mother my 8310, how do I delete all of the things I have on my phone? I thought everything was on my sim card but today when she installed her sim card from her old phone all of my contacts were still on the phone and her contacts were on her sim card. I already was able to transfer my info and upload it to my 8900 using the Download manager so how I can I delete everything I left on the 8310? Thanks in advance
    03-15-09 11:43 AM
    Go to option>security options>general settings>menu>wipe handheld...
    03-15-09 11:46 AM
    Options / Security Options / General Settings / Menu / Wipe Handheld will remove all your personal data from the phone. The pin number will still be associated with your account at the carrier, so you will need to release it for her to be able to set up her own email accounts.
    03-15-09 11:47 AM
    Thanks MWD and Jeff The 8310 is a unlocked phone and I already got rid of the old account associated with the 8310. My mother uses AT&T and I am using T-Mobile someone told me all I have to do is remove my sim put her card in and she has to call AT&T to tell them she is now using a Blackberry. So do I still have to get a hold of T-Mobile to release the Pin # even though the account is closed?
    03-15-09 12:28 PM
    If the account is closed then no, it's closed. (That meaning that the phone is no longer on the account.)

Did your new phone take over the old phone account or did you "close" the account and open a new one?

She will have to have AT&T set up her a Blackberry account if she doesn't have one already, otherwise she'll only be able to talk and text.

Hope this helps

msblueline

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-09 12:37 PM
    TY Msblue. I closed the account and opened a new one with my new 8900. I just realized something. My mother is not really going to use it much for anything but calling and texting so does she have to call AT&T to tell them she is using a blackberry now, can she just continue with the current plan she is using?
    03-15-09 01:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD