I just purchased the new 8330 from Sprint. I am an extremely new user to blackberry. I signed up for the SERO plan at sprint ($30 for 500 minutes, unlimited internet and texting, etc) and the Sprint Power Vision Blackberry Service for $30 a month, so $60 total.

I just would like to know,

1) should I stay with blackberry service, or will I be fine with the unlimited internet. (GPS and texting and email access (gmail) is all I really care about)

2) what should I get/download/buy once I get my curve in the mail?

I want to utilize my blackberry curve as much as possible and get the best experience for my money.

Thanks guys. Looking forward to being a regular in this community.

Brian
    05-10-08 01:41 AM
    if you have the sprint PV BB service.. you dont need the other internet/texting options, as the bb service includes unlimited data/text.

as for what programs you want to install.. use your bb first, and look over the apps here on CB and see what you like.
    i opt out of installing weather apps, when i can easily just bookmark a weather web page and check that when i need it.

i have the ABC news icon on my desktop... good for a quick read here and there. also Soft Reset.. great little app. saves me from doing all the battery pulls recomended on this site
    do a search on the forum here for favorite applications, and you'll find a couple threads well under way for more leads.

cheers
    05-10-08 01:59 AM
    if you have the sprint PV BB service.. you dont need the other internet/texting options, as the bb service includes unlimited data/text.
    thanks for your reply. The unlimited texting and data comes with the SERO plan, so I am not paying any extra for it. But is the PV BB service a good idea, or is it just a waste of money?

Also, anyone have any bookmarks for blackberry related stuff, besides crackberry of course.
    05-10-08 02:04 AM
    The $30 BB Pro pack is a need as it includes everything you need, and the SERO plan doesn't include BB data, only regular PDA Power Vision.

Still a heck of a deal!

I have ESPN Mobile, Microhill Stock Tracker, Flipside, and the must have Opera Mini. You may toy with On Demand once you recieve your BB, as it's great for purchasing movie tickets in advance without calling that annoying movie phone hotline that every city has. Also if you're into MP3s, consider getting the S9 Motorola Stereo Bluetooth headphones, as they are great for people who go to the gym and hate wires! Good choice in the phone and welcome!
    05-10-08 02:04 AM
    The $30 BB Pro pack is a need as it includes everything you need, and the SERO plan doesn't include BB data, only regular PDA Power Vision.
    What is the difference between BB data and regular PDA power vision data?
    05-10-08 02:10 AM
    What is the difference between BB data and regular PDA power vision data?
    All blackberry data must go through Blackberry's servers in Canada I believe it is. This is how you get the instant email, PIN messaging, etc. regular PDAs don't need to go through these servers, so therefore you don't need to go for that service.
    05-10-08 02:23 AM
    also start thinking about a nice case and/or skin to protect your new bb. Search the forum here for heaps of recomendations
    05-10-08 03:33 AM
    You have to have a BlackBerry data plan for your phone. BB and your service provider will require it. As for accessories, I'd recommend a silicone case, a car charger, and if you plan on using the video recorder or just want more space for stuff, you might want to get a memory card.
    05-10-08 03:42 AM
    How can I get the sero plan?
    05-10-08 11:12 AM
    Welcome!!!!!!
    05-10-08 11:13 AM
    How can I get the sero plan?
    you just need an official email address of a sprint employees ( with sprint email address).

to get it you could just go to Sprint stores, and get their business card.
    05-10-08 11:26 AM
    I just ordered a BB sCurve from Sprint and the rep told me since I had a Sero plan with Unlimted text, data, email, and web browsing, I didnt need a BB service plan.
    05-10-08 12:29 PM
    Welcome! This link should be useful to you.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f34/fir...-new-bb-15262/
    05-10-08 01:37 PM
    Thanks everyone, I think that thread is good enough for me!! Cant wait to get my curve.
    05-10-08 01:41 PM
    I have an 8310 from ATT. GPS Internet the works. If you use the GPS Navigator it will eat the battery up in no time. In the truck with the charger plugged in no problem. I am not real sure about the browser options. I could not access my bank account at all. I am extremley new to this, what can any one tell me that will help me out? I consider myself an average to intermediate computer user but this BB has me stumped.
    05-11-08 05:04 PM
    I have an 8310 from ATT. GPS Internet the works. If you use the GPS Navigator it will eat the battery up in no time. In the truck with the charger plugged in no problem. I am not real sure about the browser options. I could not access my bank account at all. I am extremley new to this, what can any one tell me that will help me out? I consider myself an average to intermediate computer user but this BB has me stumped.
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

Browser is one of BlackBerrys great features, but it does have its limits. It does support HTTPS security, but it does not support Flash or Java applications the way a desktop does.

My Bank uses a Java logon page, not a chance of using from a BlackBerry.

Other then those special cases, Browser does a fine job with most sites and a great job with WAP aware sites.
    05-11-08 06:24 PM
    What downfalls will I see if I take the PowerVision Blackberry Package off and just stay with unlimited data/texting through sprint, cuz I would rather not spend the extra $30 a month if i dont have to.
    05-12-08 12:55 AM
    I am about to purchase the curve on sprint. Currently I have the $30 dollar regular sprint power vision plan. Do I need to switch to the BB power vision plan? I talked to a rep and he said he had a BB and just had the regular power vision and the only difference the BB plan gave was a BB email address.
    05-12-08 04:32 AM
    I am about to purchase the curve on sprint. Currently I have the $30 dollar regular sprint power vision plan. Do I need to switch to the BB power vision plan? I talked to a rep and he said he had a BB and just had the regular power vision and the only difference the BB plan gave was a BB email address.
    switch over to the BB plan, you get unlimited data, and text, GPS, email push etc... if its the same price as your current data plan, you stand to be better off.
    you also get to use Sprint TV (select chanels, but still...)
    05-12-08 04:48 AM
    I just purchased the new 8330 from Sprint. I am an extremely new user to blackberry. I signed up for the SERO plan at sprint ($30 for 500 minutes, unlimited internet and texting, etc) and the Sprint Power Vision Blackberry Service for $30 a month, so $60 total.

I just would like to know,

1) should I stay with blackberry service, or will I be fine with the unlimited internet. (GPS and texting and email access (gmail) is all I really care about)

2) what should I get/download/buy once I get my curve in the mail?

I want to utilize my blackberry curve as much as possible and get the best experience for my money.

Thanks guys. Looking forward to being a regular in this community.

Brian
    I use Microsoft live search for blackberry, sprint navigation, blackberry smart alarms pro, y! messenger, and olive tree bible reader. I will say that i'm most impressed with live search it works really well and its FREE. If I was gonna "do it all over again" I would opt for the seido OEM size battery and the OEM rubberized battery door/cover and not get any of the silicone skins/cases. However a skin/case is a personal taste kind of thing. As for your newness in the world of blackberry; you have come to the awesomest blackberry site. These guys have ALL the knowledge, tips, tricks, tutorials and apps you will EVER need. So welcome aboard and enjoy
    04-27-09 11:31 AM
    You have to have a BlackBerry data plan for your phone. BB and your service provider will require it. As for accessories, I'd recommend a silicone case, a car charger, and if you plan on using the video recorder or just want more space for stuff, you might want to get a memory card.
    You don't have to have the BB data plan. If you don't have it you can surf the web with wifi if your phone has it at no additional cost. Having the data plan let's you use the BB messenging, which you can't do without the data plan nor can you use most of the apps for the blackberry, and getting emails sent directly to your phone. You know how all that works. Its not required but recommended to get the best of your blackberry expirence.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-27-09 11:08 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD