jenaywins & JeffH thank you guys! I was having the same problem but wasn't smart enough to ask the question!!!! Makes a huge difference in my browsing!
    08-16-08 11:58 AM
    I've since learned that "Style Sheets Media Type" is not an option for 8330 users. Not having it won't affect you, and the rest of the settings will still work.
    Ah.... ok great! Thank you so much again for sharing that info! Yes, it does make a big difference!
    08-16-08 12:03 PM
    These are settings for the Blackberry Browser to enable it to show the wap crackberry pages properly. Opera mini will have its own settings to accomplish the same purpose, but they'll likely have different names. "Support Style Sheets" is the key setting for the Blackberry Browser.
    As an aside, a number of folks have said they didn't need opera mini after configuring the Blackberry Browser with these settings. I haven't used opera mini and can't compare the two.
    Hated to start another thread. I was parousing through because of issues with quoting on WAP, and saw your post. I've tried viewing both ways, and the only difference I can find is which font was used and a longer load time. Why do you recommend Style Sheets be checked?
    02-21-09 09:50 AM
    good stuff here. i just added the data plan to my phone and didnt like the way the browser was setup. like some i was afraid to mess with the settings so i d/l opera mini since i know from others phones thats what i wanted things to look like. well, since i changed the settings for the bb browser, i deleted opermini. why d/l something that you dont need and take up space? this should be in the lessons area as i saw nothing about it in there.
    02-21-09 10:24 AM
    In my OS4.2 browser, if I don't check "support style sheets," all the responses in a thread with multiple responses run together, making it really hard to tell who said what. "Support Style Sheets" makes the font smaller, which doesn't matter, but more importantly separates each response by a rule line so they're much easier to read. It's a dramatic difference. If you don't see it, then it obviously isn't needed with your browser and you can ignore the setting.
    02-21-09 10:27 AM
    In my OS4.2 browser, if I don't check "support style sheets," all the responses in a thread with multiple responses run together, making it really hard to tell who said what. "Support Style Sheets" makes the font smaller, which doesn't matter, but more importantly separates each response by a rule line so they're much easier to read. It's a dramatic difference. If you don't see it, then it obviously isn't needed with your browser and you can ignore the setting.
    Thanks for the response Jeff. With 4.5 I couldn't find a positive difference, but thought I'd check with the genius.
    02-21-09 10:30 AM
    "I also have "Style Sheets media type" set to "Handheld"

i have a style sheet box to check but i cant find the option for handheld.
    02-21-09 10:42 AM
    Thanks so much for this tip! I was so tired of scrolling so much down the CB page! LOL!
    02-21-09 02:37 PM
    I love cb mobile edition, so much easier to navigate from my berry...
    02-21-09 02:41 PM
    I was wondering if someone could update this thread for the blackberry tour? I have been trying to find the best browser settings for my tour, but 'style sheets media' is not one of the options on the tour (atleast that I could find...) This is my first bb, so I am unfamiliar w/ the best configurations. I did successfully upgrade my 0s to .191 recently. Even with some of the bugs, I like it enough to keep it, but I've noticed that my browser is running slower and I am having trouble moving around the crackberry website. I currently do use opera mini on my phone in lieu of the standard browser. Can someone please address (in very simple, newbie 'speak') the best set up for a tour with respect to the internet? I have looked through the forum, but am still confused as to the best configuration.

Thanks in advance!
    09-04-09 02:28 PM
    Bumping.

I changed my settings to the settings mentioned, which did help very much. However, when I go to wap.crackberry.com I am able to login to the wap page, then I can see the newest threads just fine. When I click onto one of them, even when logged in, it redirects me to the regular crackberry site and acts as if I am not logged in (with the login, and register buttons visible). Is this an issue with the settings, or is there something else I am missing?

This issue is driving me crazy, any suggestions would be appreciated!
    09-04-09 04:45 PM
    Make sure you have the CrackBerry WAP launcher installed. Open up your browser and go to options/cache. Clear everyone of them. Close the browser and go to CrackBerry using the launcher, then you will be fine.

The Keeper of Useless Knowledge

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 04:54 PM
    OMG.... my screen looks soo much more crisp - - - - > WOW thank you
    09-04-09 10:39 PM
    Yes, I appreciate the help everyone has provided me. This is golden advice. Before this when I needed to look anything up on the internet I stayed to the computer most of the time unless I had no other choice. I downloaded bolt, liked it, but still was not too impressed, and this has totally changed my BB internet experience. Glad I happened to read this post when I was skimming through the forums!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-05-09 12:00 AM
89 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD