ive been thinking about changing my housing lately but im still on the fence, can someone explain like what the risks are; warrenty, insurance, etc. -thanks
    06-11-09 05:51 PM
    Hmmm...........

Risks- You might fudge your BB up.
    Warranty- GONE
    Etc- I did it and found it not that hard.
    Check out the hundreds of step-by-step video demos!
    06-11-09 05:52 PM
    yeah like i know the warrenty's shot, but i pay verizon each month for insurance, so like does that get lost and like what am i still covered for etc.
    06-11-09 06:26 PM
    when I opened up my case I couldn't any warranty indicators.. I guess it is only with Verizon phones?
    06-11-09 06:42 PM
    The Asurion brochuire states under "Property not Covered: 'Components or any other part that is non-standard for the make and model'" So I would assume that a housing would not be covered (obviously). It also states "Property that has been entrusted to others for any service, repair or replacement, other than the Authorized Service Center (VZW) or its designee" are not covered. Meaning if they find out that it has been dismantled you will more than likely be responsible for the damage. It's at your own risk, I did it without problems but you are officially on your own after you do.

I have also noticed that I get a lot of dust under the screen now. Anyone else experience this? Im going to try a Shop Vac and see if that might work.
    06-11-09 06:52 PM
    haha im not to concerned about changing the housing cause ive modded my comp and stuff w/o problems so no worrys, but like if i lose it will i be covered. also like what if theres a software issue and i need to bring it in to them, if i switch everything back will they notice, etc.-thanks for all the help
    06-11-09 06:57 PM
    If you lost it I'm sure it would be covered since they can't tell that you did anything to it. With software issues I would change everything back to original state and hope they don't notice.
    06-11-09 07:05 PM
    ok thanx i might start considering changing it soon, thanks again for the help
    06-11-09 08:33 PM

I have also noticed that I get a lot of dust under the screen now. Anyone else experience this? Im going to try a Shop Vac and see if that might work.
    Mine is the same way, some of the new housings don't have the small gasket that the original has to keep the dust out, but you can get the gaskets from Ebay, and I think they are fairly inexpensive.
    06-11-09 08:59 PM
    Mine is the same way, some of the new housings don't have the small gasket that the original has to keep the dust out, but you can get the gaskets from Ebay, and I think they are fairly inexpensive.
    Sweet thanks I'll look into that
    06-11-09 10:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD