Hi there,
    I've read around here about the "hourglass of death" which I seem to have on my 8320. I tried removing the battery, but that only helped for a few hours. The hourglass is back!
    One suggestion I've seen is to restore the Blackberry to its original state and I guess that's probably my next step (if I can find the CD somewhere).
    This phone was originally a T-Mobile locked phone that I unlocked (legally) and now use on the AT&T network. If I restore the software, will that lock up the phone again? If it does, will the code I got from T-Mobile a few months ago work just as well to unlock it?
    Thanks in advance for your advice!
    02-25-09 02:15 PM
    it should stay unlocked. once you get it up and running take a look at the memory link in my signature to help the hourglass problem
    02-25-09 02:17 PM
    Thanks for your quick reply!
    02-25-09 02:30 PM
    yeah, i dont think you should re-instate the original OS until you've tried freeing up some memory. you may end up doing extra things that you did not need to do. try freeing up memory first, then if the hourglass is still constant, wipe your phone and re-install the OS.
    02-25-09 04:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD