Here is an interesting one for you guys...or may be not. A few times a day I tend to notice that when i go into some applications or if I'm in them for a longer period of time or sometimes just when I go to unlock my keypad the hourglass pops up and it takes awhile for it to go away rendering using the phone for that period of time useless. It probably last for about 1-2 minutes sometimes. Why does this happen? Does it have to do with memory? And any recommendations on a good memory cleaner to use for the Curve 8330?
    02-24-09 02:58 PM
    What is your file free memory? options>status

That will let you know if it is a memory issue. I am thinking no, your phone has plenty out of the box unless you have overloaded it. Lets see what yours is at and go from there.. I read once about an issue with an OS, not sure which one where it sort of freezes a few seconds when the backlight is off but not minutes......
    Last edited by Tremortality; 02-24-09 at 03:06 PM.
    02-24-09 03:03 PM
    That has happened to me occasionally, however it is only a few seconds......never more than like 5; though it seems longer LOL I agree with Trem, find out how much memory you have first. There is also an internal memory cleaner that I use quite often through the browser options >cache operations. As far as memory cleaners, the best is the internal one or a battery pull.

When I first got my BB I purchased a memory cleaner and it is a yearly subscription (I didn't know any better ) I have found that if I run the purchased memory cleaner after the internal one that no memory is recovered....LOL So there ya have it. Threw money away on that one.

~Jazzi~

02-24-09 03:22 PM
    File Free Memory Is 19366313 Bytes
    02-24-09 03:27 PM
    Well that number is fine as long as its above 12. I think its odd how my phone with much less memory out of the box runs @ 30 and your @ 19 so here are some suggestions: Might not help your current issue but it will give you some ideas about "memory"

Some things you can do are this

Make sure you close all apps properly (menu>close) as well as move all media (ringtones, pics etc) to a media card also delete all texts or unneeded texts and emails. People who save hundreds of texts will eventually have memory related issues.

Also can try to clear your browser cache as well as the event log........On your keypad hit alt and type lglg and clear the event log. If you have too many themes or applications maybe cut down on a few you dont use. Facebook would be the first place I would go for an app that needed to be deleted. Basic housecleaning is all you need to avoid this issue in the future.... Just keep your eye on the memory what I do is hit alt - shift - h and look there. If it nears 12mb then you know what to do..

This thread will help you if you want to do even more memory optimization.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...-memory-34633/
    02-24-09 03:30 PM
    Thank You Very Much Dude
    02-24-09 03:41 PM
    You are very welcome. I hope something from the above helps ya out. Good luck...
    02-24-09 03:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD