I recently added my hotmail email accounts to my bb curve and received a text saying setup was successful and that I should start receiving messages in 20 minutes....well that was yesterday!! Well I haven't received any emails!! Can someone please help or tell me what to do!! Thanks!!
    06-27-08 11:20 AM
    To my knowledge unless it has changed hotmail will not work unless you by the premium hotmail?? Someone else may chime in and know something else.
    06-27-08 11:22 AM
    Either premium, or an older account (pre-2000 or so). I never had any luck with mine.
    06-27-08 11:27 AM
    thanks for your help. i have had my hotmail account 4ever and a decade but it's now windows live hotmail. thanks for your help!! now if i could only get my messenger notification to work again!!
    06-27-08 11:38 AM
    from what I've heard live will not work but Hotmail accounts not updated to live will.
    06-27-08 12:14 PM
    My windows live hotmail works on my curve. My account is from 2002. I have not had any issues whatsoever.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-27-08 01:43 PM
    My 1998 account does not work, however, it does give me the ability to forward e-mail and keep copies on the server after forwarding them.

My post-2000 accounts (yes, I have more than 1 for different things) allow forwarding.... however, they will delete the e-mail after forwarding it.

That was an odd thing... but at least the one I care about to be forwarded and kept on the server is the one that works.
    06-27-08 01:47 PM
    The same thing happened to me. I succesfully got hotmail registered but i never received any of my emails to my curve i havent been able to find a way to fix this yet still looking....
    06-27-08 01:51 PM
    The same thing happened to me. I succesfully got hotmail registered but i never received any of my emails to my curve i havent been able to find a way to fix this yet still looking....
    There is no way to fix this... well there is, you'd have to upgrade to Windows Live/Hotmail Plus, which is a paid service.

Besides that, as said above, some older accounts will work, but it's more of a hit and miss thing.

At least that's what I understand from my searches and this thread.

Or of course doing the whole forwarding thing depending on what you accounts does... read my post above for more info.
    06-27-08 02:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD