I have a curve 8320. I have no idea how to add a hotmail account. it never works. any help?
    05-10-08 06:16 PM
    I have the same problem with my Pearl 8110.
    I tried with Googlemail too but there's nothing to do.
    05-10-08 06:25 PM
    Microsoft and RIM don't get along!
    05-10-08 06:27 PM
    Also does anyone know how to make emails delete on my phone when i delete on gmail and vice versa?
    05-10-08 06:29 PM
    Unless you pay the $20/year for a subscription based Hotmail account, it won't work. The free accounts don't work.... with any smartphone, not just Blackberries.
    05-10-08 06:30 PM
    Unless you pay the $20/year for a subscription based Hotmail account, it won't work. The free accounts don't work.... with any smartphone, not just Blackberries.
    Damn you Bill Gates!!!
    05-10-08 06:37 PM
    sad but true!
    05-10-08 06:37 PM
    I use hotmail with my blackberry. I went to my providers bb page and entered it the same as I did my gmail account and other pop accounts..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-10-08 07:04 PM
    I use hotmail with my blackberry. I went to my providers bb page and entered it the same as I did my gmail account and other pop accounts..

Some older Hotmail accounts have been reported to work, but we're talking accounts created back in the 90's early 00's. It's just safer to tell people the true facts and what to expect from free Hotmail accounts when it comes to mobile phone access to them.
    05-10-08 07:19 PM
    Congrats on making Genius JRSCivic...

Yeah you would have to have a very old Hotmail account. I don't even like hotmail to begin with, whether it was free to have push or not. Yahoo and Google rock my world :-)
    05-10-08 07:38 PM
    my hotmail account is pretty old i think but still doesnt work. is there any way apart from the paying method to make it work?
    05-10-08 07:42 PM
    Nope, but once you pay for it, it'll work on anything. A while back I setup a client that had a Hotmail account on their iPhone. They had to go "pay-for" on the account first, but after that, no sweat, worked like a champ on the iPhone.
    05-10-08 07:44 PM
    Hi all, there is a very easy way to do it with out paying. I have been using Hotmail in my BB since I got it.

Here is what I did:
    1. You'll have to updtate to windows live mail.
    2. After all is setted and running, open live mail and go to the TOOLS menu, then options and in the advanced tab push the Manteinance icon. And at the end in the Troubleshooting section select POP3, IMAP and HTTP, and close everything.
    3. Setup up your Hotmail account in the RIM page of your carrier and start using Hotmail in your BB.

I hope this help you...

Last edited by marosas; 05-10-08 at 09:50 PM.
    05-10-08 09:31 PM
    As far as I know the only way to sync your Gmail with your phone (delete both places etc.) is to use the Gmail app. on your BB. It has pretty much the same capabilities as the web site.
    05-10-08 10:31 PM
    Hi all, there is a very easy way to do it with out paying. I have been using Hotmail in my BB since I got it.

Here is what I did:
    2. After all is setted and running, open live mail and go to the TOOLS menu, then options and in the advanced tab push the Manteinance icon. And at the end in the Troubleshooting section select POP3, IMAP and HTTP, and close everything.
    3. Setup up your Hotmail account in the RIM page of your carrier and start using Hotmail in your BB.

I hope this help you...

I'll give it a shot
    05-10-08 10:38 PM
    Mine works fine - but I got it I think right after Hotmail launched.

I have tried gmail and yahoo but I hate them - HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE but I love my hotmail lol. I have not had an issue at all with attaching it to my BIS.
    05-10-08 11:55 PM
    I have also tried to add my hotmail account on my curve, since I had my email for about 6-7 yrs. When it wasn't working, I download the gmail app and I loved it. So I set up a gmail account and transferred all my emails. Now I love it but I will try to do what marosas posted, seems easy.

05-11-08 08:52 AM

Here is what I did:

I hope this help you...

There is no Tools menu.
    05-11-08 12:22 PM

Here is what I did:

I hope this help you...

Open Windows Live Mail or Hotmail? I don't see any option for TOOLS or anything like what you're taking about.
    05-11-08 12:49 PM
    Didnt work!
    05-11-08 12:50 PM
    I can now get it through MSN Mobile.

MSN
    05-11-08 12:58 PM
    Another resolution for folks with hotmail accounts that do not work. Create a gmail account, enable imap on the gmail account. Go to your hotmail account and forward all emails to your gmail account. Then setup the gmail account in the blackberry page.

Ironically enough after I posted that mine work I got an email stating that in June it will no longer work. So I setup this now to make sure it would be smooth for the transition come June. It works like a charm!
    05-11-08 01:08 PM
    Marosas, I have been looking for a hotmail "fix" for about 6 months. Cause I'm cheap and I feel MSN already has enough money they don't need my 20. I assuming this all must be done on a PC. Has anyone tried completing this directly from their BB?? I did and couldn't find the "tools" section in windows live mail...

05-11-08 01:39 PM
    Open up mobile.msn.com from your BB browser.
    05-11-08 01:41 PM
    OK, so basically we're back to what I originally posted on page 1. Thanks for playing.
    05-11-08 02:15 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD