I have this problem with my blackberry curve 8320. my warrenty expired 10 days ago and t-mobile won't replace my phone! my phone makes this horrible clicking noise, which is (now) very frequently, and sometimes not so much. usually its frequently. the "click" lasts for about 1/2 a second long, and happens about every second, almost to a steady beat. during the time of the 1/2 second click, audio is cut off and you cannot hear the caller. the rest of the second you can hear, so you only get part of the conversation. sometimes i'll get a whole 2 seconds of no-clicking and i can then make out what the person is saying (during that part of the sentence). they also report they cannot hear me very well, and i suppose the clicking (which also happens while i am talking (usually saying, "my phone is broken, i cant hear you, text me)) is cutting my outgoing voice off too. its like somebody is pressing a mute button over and over and the electronic noise associated with the pressing of the button is what i hear as the click.

its very annoying.

i went into t-mobile and the only thing they could do for me was give me a new sim card. i placed a test call, and of course while in the store it worked and i looked silly, but when i got out to my car and had a 3 minute conversation on my phone, the clicking came back. i went back into t-mobile, but since my warranty was expired, there was nothing they could do. the clicking has gotten worse, its now all the time on every phone call, but a few weeks ago, when the clicking 1st started, it wasn't as frequently. i tried wiping down the contact pins for the sim card, but no success.

i have not tried a os upgrade yet, i'm going to try that tonight. i'm mostly pissed that my warrenty is only 10 days expired and the phone died 1 year and 10 days after i bought it!!!

any help or tips would be greatly appreciated.
    10-08-09 05:37 PM
    I would definitely try wiping and reinstalling the OS first. As a matter of fact the latest OS for my pearl sometimes makes a chirping noise. So it is very possible that is a software issue. Hopefully.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-08-09 06:46 PM
    UPDATE: I just installed the new os 4.5.0.163 and the mysterious clicking noise issue has not been resolved! Has nobody else heard of this issue?

please help me
    10-08-09 08:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD