hello everybody! i just have a question adn recently got a bold and when the device was register to the network I got a lot of shorcuts promoting AT&T application like pacman, scrabble and some other application I even got yellow pages twice, but I don't want them to push any more I call AT&T and it seems they don't know how to fix it I call RIM for assistance and they I blaming AT&T so I just get into a loop and no answer available, PLEASE some asssitance with the issue will help a lot...
    04-22-09 11:54 AM
    They are service books, no full applications

You can hide those icons, they take up very little memory. but if you want to remove them find the application name under Options>Advance>service books

Example- For Facebook Icon that is pushed to Verizon.

Under service books. It shows Facebook[browserConfig]

Delete those service books you don't want and they will not show up. until you resend service books again.

My suggest is just to hide them...
    04-22-09 12:16 PM
    Its better to just hide them because anytime you set your phone they'll just pop back up.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-22-09 12:39 PM
    i've read in some forums that they go away after you delete them a few times on the service book, but they've always kept coming back after i do a battery pull or soft reset, so i've just resorted to hiding them.
    04-22-09 03:18 PM
    For better cleanliness create a folder to dump unwanted icons, and hide the folder. That way you don't get an in your face explosion of icons
    04-24-09 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD