Ok, so I couldn't find the answer to my question by doing a search so maybe someone can help me or direct me to the right thread.

I just bought a magnet holster for my bb curve. I have the ringtone/text tones settings set for the "in holster" on my profiles. But the device "sleeps" while in my holster and tells people who are calling that "the wireless number you are calling is not in service. Please check the number and dial again." and the device tells me I had a missed call when I pull it out of the holster, but never alerts me of the call. I'm sure there is a setting for this somewhere, but I went through the options/advanced options and my profile settings and couldn't find anything. Could someone please show me how to change my settings for that? I would still like to be alerted of phone calls while my phone is in the holster, not just have them automatically ignored. I'd also like to be able to use my phone while it's in the holster. Maybe just lock it or something to prevent pushing buttons, but not completely have it disabled while in the holster.

I know this probably gets annoying answering the same ol' questions all day, but please help! thanks
    03-24-08 07:03 PM
    AFAIK, putting the phone in holster does not automatically reject your calls. This has NEVER happened to me.

If you need to lock your keyboard, you can always activate keyboard lock, or best yet, put your bb on standby when you put into holster.

This is what I do with my bb. My bb is in the holster all the time (when it's not in my hands). I have had to problem whatsoever.
    03-24-08 07:09 PM
    AFAIK, putting the phone in holster does not automatically reject your calls. This has NEVER happened to me.
    Does anyone know why this would be happening with my phone then? Is there a setting I can look into?
    03-24-08 07:19 PM
    maybe your holster is hitting the reject option from the trackball welcome to cb !
    03-24-08 07:31 PM
    ok well I looked into my profile settings again and there is a setting under "phone" that says "do not disturb" underneath the in holster/out of holster settings and it said "No" so I put "yes" and now when I called it, it RANG (on the phone I was calling from) but went to voicemail quickly. That's a step up from telling people my phone number isn't in service, but my phone still didn't vibrate or ring or anything while in the holster. I'll try and mess with the settings for that a little more....

but I want to know how to be able to use my phone while it's in the holster? It's not letting me, if I press anything the screen is still black, like it's hiberating or something.
    03-24-08 07:35 PM
    you can go under profiles and advanced and then set the in and out of holster settings for each profile
    03-24-08 07:39 PM
    you can go under profiles and advanced and then set the in and out of holster settings for each profile

To change the setting that is making it "hibernate" while in the holster? I don't see that option anywhere.
    03-24-08 07:45 PM
    You don't by any chance have auto answer on do you?
    03-24-08 08:01 PM
    I know that I saw auto answer as I went searching through all the options but now I can't find where it was so that I can check. Where do I go?
    03-24-08 08:06 PM
    Under settings on your phone icon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-08 08:10 PM
    it says auto answer calls=never
    03-24-08 08:11 PM
    auto end calls=in holster
    03-24-08 08:11 PM
    Click on your phone icon
    With your curser in the box to input a number, click the menu key
    Click options
    Click General options (Auto answer is the first item on the list)

I don't know if that could cause the problem but it's worth checking
    03-24-08 08:12 PM
    I've never seen a setting that would send calls directly to voicemail while holstered. Just a thought - is it set to vibrate while in holster, and you are simply missing calls?
    03-24-08 08:15 PM
    it's set to vibrate+tone
    03-24-08 08:18 PM
    Chaz, I never thought of that. Hopefully that will be the answer to the problem.
    03-24-08 08:19 PM
    If you have another phone, test it. Put your BB in the holster, use other phone to call it. see what happens and let us know.
    03-24-08 08:22 PM
    I am almost positive that it's not ringing because the device goes into "sleep mode" or whatever when it's in the holster...it doesn't let me do anything almost like it turns off, but the second it comes out, it's back on....what would be causing this?
    03-24-08 08:23 PM
    That's normal behavior in a OEM holster. Designed that way - wouldn't keep it from ringing totally.
    03-24-08 08:24 PM
    If you have another phone, test it. Put your BB in the holster, use other phone to call it. see what happens and let us know.
    I've been calling using my house phone. That's how I figured out that it is ringing a little bit and then going straight to voicemail. The bb doesn't do anything, vibrate or tone when I call it.
    03-24-08 08:24 PM
    Okay, one more idea - In profile settings, there's Out of Holster and In Holster. Below "in holster", there's Tune, then Volume. Is Volume set to "mute"? (I'm just throwing out ideas here)
    03-24-08 08:30 PM
    volume is set to escalating....

I'm starting to get really frustrated...I feel like I'm missing something really obvious or really stupid lol
    03-24-08 08:32 PM
    volume is set to escalating....

I'm starting to get really frustrated...I feel like I'm missing something really obvious or really stupid lol
    Try Tone, not Vib then Tone, set volume to Med. Try it out.
    03-24-08 08:34 PM
    Are your calls coming through properly when you BB is not in the holster?
    03-24-08 08:35 PM
    Are your calls coming through properly when you BB is not in the holster?
    lol no they weren't...earlier in the thread I had put that it was telling people that my phone was disconnected so I changed "do not disturb" to yes....well after that it was ringing but still going to VM.

Well I just changed do not disturb back to no and it rang.......

I feel so dumb! I wonder why it said my phone was disconnected before that? must have been a fluke.

That's normal behavior in a OEM holster. Designed that way - wouldn't keep it from ringing totally.
    So, you're saying that I will not be able to use my bb while it's in the holster for anything? checking messages, checking missed calls, etc??
    03-24-08 08:44 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD