Hello all and THANK YOU in advance for any help you may be able to provide me.

I am new to the Blackberry and CRACKberry and am enjoying the ride. I have what I thought to be a rather simple problem but yet to find the resolve.

(BTW, I have a curve 8330)

When I got Outlook there was a import for all the United States holidays so I downloaded them and they are in fact on my outlook calender. When I got my BB, i performed the sync without a single problem, I was totally amazed!!!

One thing did not go over on the sync, and I am not sure if it is something I missed or what...

...the holidays did not go over to the BB and are not on there, I googled it and got a site that was holiday themes, not what I am looking for, I just would like to look on my BB and see the holidays on there?!?!?!?!?

Anybody fix me up?????

Thanks Again!

Joey "O"
    10-28-08 05:04 PM
    quick question... how did you import the holidays?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-28-08 05:09 PM
    Hmmm, now that you mention it, I did the same thing.....and while all the birthdays I put in showed up, none of the holidays did.....
    10-28-08 05:10 PM
    In OUTLOOK I went to "options" then the "CALENDER OPTIONS" and in that box there is a "Add Holidays" tab that I hit and it imported them onlyu into outlook and did not go to the BB
    10-28-08 05:12 PM
    What are you using on your computer...assuming you sync blackberry with a computer? For instance you can set Outlook to show selected national and religious holidays that you pick. These transfer to the blackberry when you sync.

BB and Outlook define "All Day Appointment" differently. I deleted all my holidays, revised my All-Day to less than a 24 hour period, and reapplied the holidays. Syncing brought them over.
    10-28-08 05:13 PM
    THe Holidays DO currently show in OUTLOOK, when I plud in the USB and do a sync, the holidays do NOT go over on the BB calender???? Maybe I did not explain it right or I confused myself?!?!?!??!
    10-28-08 05:16 PM
    In OUTLOOK I went to "options" then the "CALENDER OPTIONS" and in that box there is a "Add Holidays" tab that I hit and it imported them onlyu into outlook and did not go to the BB
    well i added the holidays the same way you did and they all synced into my berry just fine... what are your setting in DM as far as calender sync?

10-28-08 05:16 PM
    I do not see any "calender settings" in the DM to select?!?!?! Again, I am new to this, really sorry!
    10-28-08 06:05 PM
    it would be in the sync settings

10-28-08 06:07 PM
    Notta, no setting for that, btw I am running DM 4.6

Only thing NOT CHECKED is something about "add run-ons" that is NOT currently checked

It seemed like it would be an easy thing to do, but I have to admit, I AM LOST!!!
    10-28-08 06:10 PM
    do the rest of your calendar entries sync over?

10-28-08 06:20 PM
    OK, AGAIN, I would like to thank you for all the help, the problem is fixed and I will explain....

...As you can see, I was very detailed in explaining where to find the "add holidays" in outlook. Now saying that, it makes it a bit obvious that I have in fact been in to those settings or I would not know that they were there RIGHT!!!! (just agree)

Well, I went back to my outlook calender and was looking at the month and low and behold NO HOLIDAYS on my OUTLOOK calender (yes, any normal MORON would have check his own calender BEFORE posting). So I hit the "add Holidays" and they all imported to the calender and then plugged the in BB to sync and guess what........

....ALL THE HOLIDAYS ARE RIGHT THERE JUST LIKE I THOUGHT THEY SHOULD BE!!!!!

I am really sorry and THANK YOU AGAIN for all the help (and so fast!!!!)

Joey "O"

Open to any lil tips and tricks one may have for the 8330 Verizon!!!
    10-28-08 06:27 PM
    my holiday events transferred over from my outlook (03) to curve. try deleting your calendars events on your device using the dm, and resync your bb. you can also try one-way syncing your outlook to your bb.

last thing, make sure that your calendar events are on one calendar on your outlook. your bb recognizes only one (default) calendar, NOT multiple ones.

hope that helps.
    10-28-08 06:30 PM
    Lol, you and i posted at the same time.
    10-28-08 06:31 PM
    glad you got it all fixed!!!

10-28-08 06:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD