HI,

I was hoping to find out if when I hide an icon, if its supposed to be removed completely from the menu view or just fade somewhat into the background yet stay there? I've been searching around a a bit but really didn't see much concerning that partiular aspect. Can anyone enlighten me on this, kinda dumb I know but I was just curious
    02-16-09 10:14 AM
    If you hide an icon and you do not have it on SHOW ALL then you will not see it - it will be hidden completely. If you need to see it menu>show all to unhide that particular one just uncheck hide on that icon.
    02-16-09 10:15 AM
    I just hide what I rarely use. It goes into the background till you need it then just do a show all to get to it. Keeps the screen clean and quicker to use the main features.
    02-16-09 11:40 AM
    I use the hide feature on all the "shop" apps. Really don't use them. It's handy.
    02-16-09 12:22 PM
    Awesome! I have no idea why I looked past the most obvious solution lol. Thanks for the help guys!
    02-16-09 01:30 PM
    HI,

I was hoping to find out if when I hide an icon, if its supposed to be removed completely from the menu view or just fade somewhat into the background yet stay there? I've been searching around a a bit but really didn't see much concerning that partiular aspect. Can anyone enlighten me on this, kinda dumb I know but I was just curious
    When you first "hide" an icon it shows as grayed out until you go to another screen like the home screen. Then if you go back to icon view, it won't show.

Another thing you can do instead of hiding icons that you don't use is, from the home screen, press Menu to bring up the icon screen, press Menu again and select Add Folder. Change the name of this folder to anything you want. Select Add to create your new folder icon. Move your icons that you don't want to appear in your icon view screen to this folder. This keeps all your unused icons in one place and they are still visible when you enter the folder.
    Last edited by xliderider; 02-16-09 at 01:49 PM.
    02-16-09 01:41 PM
    Awesome idea!!!! Thanks!
    02-16-09 11:24 PM
    I do what xliderider said. A folder keeps all my icons in one spot. Just the ones I dont use daily. The others I hide like the shop for icons etc..... Works great and its clean.
    02-16-09 11:41 PM
    I do the same... I actually have 5 or 6 folders for different things: my stuff, maps and gps, applications, email, maintaince, games

I have found that when I do this and only leave the few icons I use multiple times ( and by that I mean all day, every day) it keeps everything on 4 lines and there is no scrolling on the main icon screen... I love it... It takes time to set up, esp. If you have a lot of themes, but totally worth it I think

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 12:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD