I bought the phone new on Ebay and it just arrived. It is an AT&T phone but my SIM card is T-mobile. I contacted and paid for a service to unlock it (Ebay). I carefully answered their 3 questions (Phone carrier, IMEI # and model #). They wrote me back saying there is a problem with the IMEI #. I rechecked the number by going to Option>Status, I also checked behind the battery and on the box. All 3 were correct. They told me they can contact RIM for an extra $45 or give me a refund. I asked for a refund and wrote 6 other unlocking services by e-mail if they can do it, first reply gets the business. One of them already reponded by saying the same thing. "Your IMEI is not in the AT&T database."

Since then I have called AT&T twice, T-Mobile once and I tried to get past BB's automated recording to talk to a live tech support person. It seems I can't do it without paying for support. The 2 phone companies are passing the problem to the other companies. AT&T said it's BB's issue and has nothing to do with them.

I bought another phone about a month ago, and paid an ebay unlocking company $10 to unlock it. It was also an AT&T phone and I was using the same T-mobile sim card. There were no issues.

I have also searched both this site's tech issues and BB's as well with no solutions.

Anybody have any ideas? I've tried the obvious.

Thanks a lot
    12-08-07 09:57 PM
    If you have a T-mobile card why didn't you just get the 8320 (which is made for T-Mobile). I believe the 8320 is the only one with the WiFi card. I would recommend returning it and getting the 8320.
    12-09-07 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD