Ok, i've been all over the internet and a million other places to try and find out how to select the Blackberry Feature Enabler and the T-Zones Web at the same time. I told customer service that i have 2 phones and want to keep both services on at the same time and they told me that this is not possible.

Question #1. Can this be done?

Question #2. If not, is there another work around to get (at least WAP) internet and mms at the same time without shelling out the $20 bucks for the data plan.

I found it weird that the t-zones on my phones works fine to download ringtones and wallpapers but can't get me to wap sites.

Please Help.

Thanks
    08-30-08 05:45 PM
    You won't be able to use the T-zones with your phone. The workaround does not work with the berry unfortunately. You can try using the $9.99 email plan, sometimes it will let you get away with surfing the web at the same time, but be careful. Unfortunately, the only sure answer is paying the $20 for the data plan.
    08-30-08 05:49 PM
    I'm with sprint and I was told the reason why you can't access the internet on a BB without a dataplan is because of BIS. I assume that it's sort of like an ISP kind of thing. I don't know precicely how it works. I just shrug it off as the price to pay to have a device that can do so much more than a regular old cell.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-31-08 02:09 AM
    I'm in the same position. I had t-zones on my phone and the internet/apps were working great. I heard you would want the "feature enabler" to get all the features on the blackberry working and I heard you could get both if you said you were using 2 phones. I called and the rep told me I couldn't do both but the "Feature Enabler" would still allow me to use t-zones. So I agreed but I soon saw she wasn't exactly right.

I could still go on the internet but it was slower and it's mostly wap sites. Then after less than an hour I couldn't go anywhere but the t-mobile site. Most my apps (like gmail) weren't working either. So I called back to switch it back and they told me this:

The feature enabler switches you over to a plan consisting of Blackberry everything, e-mail, MMS (instant messaging), internet, etc. But if you don't have a plan (data or blackberry, I'm not sure which) for around $20 a month, all you get is the MMS. I'd much rather have t-zones and get internet, apps, etc. than just MMS.

It would be nice if you could have both.

hearmeoutx:
    You can get t-zones on a blackberry. You made need to change a few settings but I can personally tell you that it works as of 5/4/2009.

Update: This may have nothing to do with anything but after signing up for and then canceling the "Feature Enabler" I'm able to connect to WiFi, which I couldn't do before.
    Last edited by asnowboarders; 05-04-09 at 02:52 PM.
    05-04-09 02:43 PM
    You can get t-zones on a blackberry. You made need to change a few settings but I can personally tell you that it works as of 5/4/2009.

I just got my Curve 8320 last week, and it came with T-Zones pre-installed. So I see no reason why you couldnt get it
    05-04-09 02:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD