This is the god of all websites so I'm hoping that someone out there will be able to help me.

My 8310 refuses to connect to BIS. My bb used to be connected to a BIS service with rogers. I bought the phone new from att (unlocked) and had it fully functional with rogers. I moved overseas and tried connecting it and I could not get it to register the blackberry. My gprs never went GPRS. I ended up buying a new one cause I just can't live with it. I still want to fix this one though.

Most of the advice and research has pointed to my bb having a bes policy for some reason (confirmed by RIM). Don't c how but anything is possible. I have done the following with no success:

-wiped bb
    -upgraded bb os 4.2 to 4.5
    -used regedit to apply new it policy
    -used jl_cmdr to remove policy again
    -wiped again

All these steps have led to failure. My bb seems very clean at the moment. There is no evidence of an it policy or anything else for that matter.

I've been at this now for 2 months. Most of you guys are gods when it comes to this stuff. Any help would be appreciated!
    Last edited by pdcpony; 08-09-08 at 02:09 PM. Reason: need more help
    08-09-08 01:24 AM
    Why haven't you contacted ATT for some resolution, seeing that they sold you an unlocked device which must work.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-08 01:34 AM
    Why haven't you contacted ATT for some resolution, seeing that they sold you an unlocked device which must work.

Thanks for the response. The bb was fully functional with rogers and so there is no issue with the hardware. I did not buy the bb from att, but is was a brand new (had to create pin) att branded bb. However, I have contaced both rogers and att to ensure my pin was released and that I was not registerd to a bes.
    08-09-08 01:48 AM

Did u resend ur service books?

08-09-08 01:50 AM

Did u resend ur service books?

Yup done that. My provider sends them but my bb won't receive them. Probably because my gprs is not GPRS and it does not register.
    08-09-08 01:57 AM
    Yup done that. My provider sends them but my bb won't receive them. Probably because my gprs is not GPRS and it does not register.

Than its most likely a defective device.

08-09-08 02:03 AM

Than its most likely a defective device.

The device was working with rogers. When I switched providers it doesn't work. Can't be defective. Not a scatch and never dropped.
    08-09-08 02:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD