I sat my Curve in a cup holder in the car that had about 2" of water in it, so the botom part of the phone was dunked for about 10 seconds. I immediately removed the phone, took it apart and soaked all parts in rice for two days. After two days I put everything back together, and everything works...except that none of the buttons work. The phone powers on, can receive calls, and the track ball rolls, but I am unable to click any buttons.

Is there anything in particular I can check on to see whats going on? It seems like if the track ball is registering movement then at least some of the buttons would be working.

By the way...all of the disassmebly tutorials say the two screws under the battery cover at T5, but on mine they were T6. Any one noticed this or did someone remove mine at some point and replace them with a different size?
    01-03-09 10:21 PM
    First you voided any warranty by taking it apart; water damage would not be covered by most carriers’ anyway so no tragic loss there

Its fairly easy to get a new BB or a refurb on Ebay at a fraction of the cost the store would offer you,

That’s what its sounds like; unless you feel like replacing your keyboard id just get a new BB and just be more careful with it next time
    01-03-09 10:30 PM
    I realize that the warranty is voided, but I'm trying to save the phone. From the way its acting the keyboard seems to either be not connecting or shorting out somewhere. Anyone have an experience in electronics repair that can help me out with understanding what could possibly be going on here?
    01-04-09 06:44 PM
    i spilled a drink on my old pearl once and i took the battery out immediately and put it in a couple days later and the phone worked fine but if i pushed a button something else would come up so when i took apart the phone and took the keyboard off i noticed there was water in the little white buttons so i let the phone dry out for a week and put it back together and it worked fine! I would just take the cover and stuff out and put it in a bag of rice and let it dry for a few days and hopefully it will work!
    01-04-09 07:07 PM
    I just realized that something is shorting out part of the board...if I connect the battery and push on the button area I can see the LED lights on the keyboard area flash for a second. It's a classic problem with water, but it should be 100% dry...so who knows. Anyone know what yellow circuit sticker on the bottom is on an 8330? It has two tabs that fold up to connect to the board and stick to the casing.
    01-04-09 08:42 PM
    Water and electonics = a bad mix! I'd look on ebay and get a new one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 09:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD