I have a 8330 curve using Verizon. It got wet at a football game last weekend. now it will boot up, bring up the screen for a few seconds, and then go dark. I found out I could bring the screen back up by putting the USB charging cable in, or pulling it out. None of the buttons seem to work. Pressing a button will not light up the screen. Only pulling the battery out and putting back in, or pluging in the USB cable. The unit was dried out using a desicator, and the battery shows a charge for the brief period the screen is visible.

Is there a way to do a hard re-boot if the buttons don't work? Any advice? Is there a reputable repair facility? Verizon doesn't seem to be of any assistance with replacement other than pay full price for a new unit.
    09-17-08 05:24 PM
    Doesn't sound good there. Do you have the insurance at least?
    09-18-08 07:01 AM
    If you don't have insurance buying a new device may be your best bet. IMHO if you were to get this one to work again I don't feel like it would be very reliable.

Check out eBay, may find a better price there then Verizion may be willing to offer you.

Keep us Posted.

Jaide
    09-18-08 08:01 AM
    for a replacement, unless you have insurance, you're out of luck. warranties dont cover user negligence.
    09-18-08 08:39 AM
    Check out eBay, may find a better price there then Verizion may be willing to offer you.
    Be careful if you're going to use Ebay. Most of the phones on there are for GSM networks and won't work on Verizon.
    09-18-08 10:59 AM
    yeah do a specific search tag for Verizon

I had to do the same when i 'misplaced' mine for Bell in Canada
    09-18-08 11:03 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD