Hi...
    I have done some searching, both here and on Google and I cannot seem to find a solution that works, so I apologize if this has been discussed before, but I am about to head out on a business trip and I could use the answer

My company recently switched us from AT&T to TMobile and assigned us BB 8320s. I need to pair it with a Tom Tom 920 for data usage to get traffic.
    I have found the following
    1. TT does not support the 8320 for data with the 920. I am not too concerned with this since they did not support my last phone (RazrV3 on AT&T) and I was able to get it to work anyway.
    2. Supposedly upgrading the BB OS to 4.5 something has a positive effect. However, since this is a company phone I am hesitant to pull the plug on this. I did go to the TMobile site and the latest OS the list is 4.2.

I have tried all 4 of the TMobile options in the 920, including a manual setup I found online, all with no joy.

I guess my questions are as follows

1. Is there a way to upgrade to OS 4.5 without having to reconfigure my device or lose all my data?
    2. If I do this is there a way to get this to pair with the TT920? I really don't want to have to use an external antenna for traffic.
    09-10-08 08:33 AM
    First, Welcome.

Next, you are talking about upgrading the OS on a company phone... I don't think you should be doing something like that without their approval... maybe you have that, but OS 4.5 has not been approved by TMO, and you will voiding your warranty. I would not recommend updating your OS, but there is a Blackberry 101 lesson here on CB... check out the shortcut in my signature below.

Sorry, I don't know anything about the TT920.
    09-10-08 08:40 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

TomTom GO 920 GPS Review

TomTom GO 920 is a GPS receiver that supports both Bluetooth and USB connection. If it does not pair up with Bluetooth or USB, it may not support your device. Check for updates.

Upgrading a company owned device is problematic. The software part is simple, but then all your co workers will be jealous of your new found abilities.

The good news is, the upgrade will not erase your data or personal settings.

The bad news, you will no longer be eligable for carrier Customer Service support. That will change when T-Mobile supports the new OS, soon now.
    09-10-08 11:33 AM
    Welcome to CrackBerry.

hxxp://www.gpsreview.net/tomtom-go-920/]TomTom GO 920 GPS Review

TomTom GO 920 is a GPS receiver that supports both Bluetooth and USB connection. If it does not pair up with Bluetooth or USB, it may not support your device. Check for updates.

Upgrading a company owned device is problematic. The software part is simple, but then all your co workers will be jealous of your new found abilities.

The good news is, the upgrade will not erase your data or personal settings.

The bad news, you will no longer be eligable for carrier Customer Service support. That will change when T-Mobile supports the new OS, soon now.
    Thanks for the welcome... I think I will hold off on upgrading until it becomes official. I have plenty of experience with flashing ROMs for Windows Mobile but that is with my personal phone.

I work remotely so no need to worry about jealous co-workers but just not willing to risk the wrath of IT. I guess I will have to figure out a work around for the TT. I have had various TTs for the last couple of years and always liked them. Guess I will have to examine that.
    09-11-08 08:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD