Wife is getting a new phone, and I would like to transfer her pictures from her 8310 to our computer. Mass storage is always prompted on my 9700 everytime that I connect to the computer. I can't figure out why it is not working on the 8310.

I've gone into Options < Media Card and turned "On" Media Card Support, turned "On" Mass Storage Mode Support, and have tried both "Yes" and "Prompt" for Auto Enable Mass Storage Mode When Connected.

I've tried connected when the phone is locked and unlocked. I've also tried a battery pull. The "plugged in" icon appears on the phone when I attach the USB cord, and I've also tried it with another device and the cord and the USB port on the computer both work fine.

My only thought is that I may have to do something else, as the pictures are stored on the device memory, instead of on a media card (the phone doesn't have a media card installed).

Any thoughts or tips on how I can get these pictures from her device memory to our computer?
    08-18-10 10:50 AM
    The Device Memory does NOT work with Mass Storage Mode.

Only the Media Card does.

The ONLY way to access the files on the Device Memory is to use Roxio Media Manager on a computer. Or use the device to transfer them to the Media Card.
    08-18-10 11:49 AM
    When your wife gets her new phone, running the Device Switch wizard in Desktop Manager will transfer everything, including the pictures to the new phone.

Taking the pictures out of the device's memory is a good idea though, as it is taking up much needed space.
    08-18-10 02:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD