I don't know if I already posted this issue here, but just the same, can anyone help me in my situation?

I have a Blackberry Curve 8320 issued by my carrier here in the Philippines. When I got it, it was working flawlessly until a problem occurred about a month and a half ago. I am unable to make or receive any calls as well as any SMS. All other data functions like internet, email and maps works fine.

I tried having it looked at by my carrier and they were also puzzled by this. We tried wiping the handheld, reloading the firmware, even changing the SIM card. Still no go. My carrier concluded that the unit is defective and needs to be reported to Blackberry. We are still awaiting Blackberry's decision.

However, about two weeks ago, I went on a trip to Singapore. Just to be on the safe side and not to miss any emails, I tried loading my SIM card on my Blackberry. Suddenly, the unit is working flawlessly again. I tried calling out and I was able to. I was also able to send and receive SMS. This all happened while I was on roaming mode. When I got back to my country and went back to my home network, I'm again, unable to make and receive any calls and SMS. I reported this to my carrier and they still conclude that the unit is defective. I cannot believe this conclusion simply because I was able to use the unit while on roaming.

I am here again in Singapore, using my Blackberry with no issues. but once I'm back in the Philippines tomorrow, I am sure that it will act up again.

Does anyone know why this is happening to my unit? is there really something wrong with my unit or there's just a setting that I need to tweak?
    Again the unit works fine on roaming, but on the home network, I am unable to send and receive SMS and unable to make and receive calls.

Hope somebody can help me.
    11-27-08 08:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD