Hey all,
    I need help to find out if it is possible to turn off the low battery signal when you have the phone in a silent or quiet only mode. If the battery gets low the phone beeps rather loudly even being in a silent mode (vibrates only, no audibles in the profile options). I want to turn this battery warning beep off in a certain profile (for in class or meetings etc...) Thanks for your help on how to do this.
    01-13-09 05:04 PM
    Hmm, I have to opposite. Mine does nothing when the battery gets low! No noise, warning, pop up etc.
    01-13-09 05:26 PM
    Hey all,
    I need help to find out if it is possible to turn off the low battery signal when you have the phone in a silent or quiet only mode. If the battery gets low the phone beeps rather loudly even being in a silent mode (vibrates only, no audibles in the profile options). I want to turn this battery warning beep off in a certain profile (for in class or meetings etc...) Thanks for your help on how to do this.
    If the battery is that low in class, turn it off, it shouldnt be getting that low for an alert anyways, BB's dont like it.
    01-13-09 05:28 PM
    If the battery is that low in class, turn it off, it shouldnt be getting that low for an alert anyways, BB's dont like it.
    Just a clarification... Li-Ion batteries don't like it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 05:55 PM
    it is a curve 8330 btw...
    the battery alert beeps when it is either 10 or 20% left, i forget atm, i have been under the impression that you are supposed to let the battery get to 5-10% then charge fully, it helps create a better "battery memory", instead of charging say from 40-100% or stopping short before its fully charged... is this not correct?
    01-13-09 07:00 PM
    No, do not let the battery run that low, BlackBerries prefer to be "Topped Off"...
    01-13-09 07:01 PM
    And despite the rumor, Li-Ion batteries don't have 'memory' as older style batteries did.

* Voltage Depression occurs primarily in NiCad batteries. NiMH batteries are almost never affected and Li-Ion batteries are NEVER affected.

How to prolong lithium-based batteries
    (BU34)

Battery research is focusing heavily on lithium chemistries, so much so that one could presume that all portable devices will be powered with lithium-ion batteries in the future. In many ways, lithium-ion is superior to nickel and lead-based chemistries and the applications for lithium-ion batteries are growing as a result.

Lithium-ion has not yet fully matured and is being improved continuously. New metal and chemical combinations are being tried every six months to increase energy density and prolong service life. The improvements in longevity after each change will not be known for a few years.

A lithium-ion battery provides 300-500 discharge/charge cycles. The battery prefers a partial rather than a full discharge. Frequent full discharges should be avoided when possible. Instead, charge the battery more often or use a larger battery. There is no concern of memory when applying unscheduled charges.

Credit to: How to prolong lithium-based batteries
    Last edited by 3CISSBB; 01-13-09 at 07:28 PM.
    01-13-09 07:24 PM
    alright so now that i wont have to wait till the battery is getting that low i really dont have to worry about the alert sound, but for future reference is there an option to turn this sound off? - i'm guessing not,
    01-13-09 08:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD