About two weeks ago I plugged my blackberry (curve 8310) into my cousin's computer, which I'm almost 100% sure has tons of viruses, to transfer out some of my songs to her computer (from my memory card). The next day or so I started to get SMS texts from an old number I thought I had fully deleted from my blackberry. But the texts were empty. This had happened before but it was only one text, but this time my blackberry was getting bombarded everyday. So I went into the Firewall settings and enabled it and blocked incoming messages (SMS) and also checked off except messages from address book contacts and fully deleted the number off my sim card.
    Right now it says it has blocked 15 messages. Then one random day all my info was gone from my blackberry, like numbers, music etc. So I pulled out the battery while it was still on and everything came back.

Then today I plugged in my blackberry to add in new songs and as soon as I did McAfee told me it had removed a trojan/worm (I think it said the location was sys32?) . So I unplugged the blackberry and plugged it in again and nothing happened. So I'm wondering if I really did get a trojan from my cousin's computer and if McAfee got rid of it? And if not does anyone know how to get rid of it?
    It hasn't done anything to my blackberry and nothing's been affected but I just want to make sure everything's okay or if there's some sort of anti spyware for blackberry??
    03-04-10 07:22 PM
    I'm no virus expert but maybe the file you transferred from your cousins computer into your BB was infected? Try deleting the file you transferred if you remember and see if virus scan still shows up when you plug it into your computer.
    03-04-10 08:09 PM
    Viruses that effect personal computers will do nothing to your BB as the viruses are only capable of effecting Windows systems. Our BB's do not use Windows as an OS.
    I have yet to hear of a virus that is capable of harming a BB.

Music files on your BB are another matter. Plug the BB in, and the computer considers it an external hard drive. Just do a scan of the files. I had a song I grabbed from a bud's 'puter (Slipknot's Duality if you were wondering), and it had a virus. Nothing happened to my BB, and I was wondering what was going on because it did not play on my BB. As soon as I plugged the BB into my 'puter, the flashing lights and klaxon sounded. Windows picked it up as soon as it was plugged in, and POOF. Song gone.

Jack
    03-04-10 09:06 PM
    hey guys thanks for the replies! but i didn't upload any of the songs on her computer to my blackberry, i just took the ones i had and put it on her computer. should i delete all my songs anyway? and then put them back in later? thanks again!
    03-05-10 08:01 AM
    also. do you guys have any idea about the weird sms texts coming in non stop? i checked my firewall settings today and it still says 15 so i think they stopped coming in, but just wondering what happened... :S
    03-05-10 08:05 AM
    Re: Wierd texts?
    You said it was from a number you thought you had deleted. Maybe the other person's phone was bugging out?

Re: Deleting your songs?
    Nah, Just hook your BB to your 'puter and do a scan on the BB files.
    Here's what my BB shows. The drive labeled as "UTSTARCOM (G: )" is actually the BB because I just popped the SD card from my old phone into the BB when I got it, and it was formatted in the old phone.

All in all, I wouldn't worry about it. Sounds like a few coincidences happened simultaneously. You know, in true BB fashion? Just enough to annoy the **** out of you.

Jack
    03-05-10 08:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD