hello,

i'm new to bb and cb.com and when i found out there were new themes and OS's available i was more than happy to try and find a faster one than the OS Verizon gave me..well i just downloaded the latest Sticky one and i had a couple troubles with it...it froze halfway through the installation and since i have tried to reboot my phone just flashed red. i tried a hard reset and left the bat out for more than 30 seconds, this only changed the flashing red to a constant blue with a flashing purple. i just got this phone today as a replacement for my other broken one. this is my second bb this month and i don't think verizon will be too happy with replacing my phone again after having it for less than 3 hours. please if anybody can help me at all i would appreciate it.
    04-25-09 06:39 PM
    you need to follow this thread exactly. read all of the directions through first and then do it.
    BlackBerry 101: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com
    updating the os takes a while, and i would be willing to bet it didnt freeze. it just takes a long time. you have to wait until you get a upgrade complete message or an error message before you unplug it
    04-25-09 06:53 PM
    i'm following it exactly and i did get past step#2 i am able to choose what i want to install and click next. what i do notice however, is that my bb loses power even when i throw the bat pack back in and "freezes" on "updating device"screen specifically on the first step "load JVM and system software. there are no error messages, when i ctrl+alt+del it says the program is running fine. but it has been connected and stuck on this step with no progress for the past 10 minutes...this time i am leaving it plugged in until something happens but i don't think anything will happen if it hasn't already..do you think this could be due to me running windows 7????
    04-25-09 08:39 PM
    I'm not sure about windows 7, but it takes a while. Just leave it be. You'll be fine good things come to those who wait

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-09 09:11 PM
    Afaik, windows 7 is not compatible with the OS upgrade process.

Do you have another PC running XP or Vista?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-09 09:32 PM
    YES!!! i used another PC with xp and worked MONEY!!! w00t!! haha thnx guys much appreciated!! i also put on a new version of the OS from telus and then installed a windows 7 theme and i'm so money right now haha. thnx again!
    04-25-09 10:55 PM
    i should have remembered that windows 7 is a no go, sorry. but, im glad you got it updated!
    04-25-09 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD