ok from what i have read and seen the blackberry has a little magnet that holds the trackball stedy and in place
    i have noticed that my track ball does not seem firm its loose and just does not feel right!! so i took the track ball out to see what was going on and i realized that track ball and the berry are not magnetized, the track ball just falls out. im thinking that this could be my problem.
    do you guys think that getting a new track ball will fix this issue
    08-18-08 05:16 PM
    Don�t know if just changing the trackball would help. I guess the magnet is in the trackball as well as in the phone. Probably you�ll have to change both magnets for the trackball to work properly.

Guess you should take the phone to be checked by a technician or something. Good luck.
    08-18-08 05:38 PM
    I'd take it to AT&T and have them take a look at it; but they might get mad at you for messing around with your trackball on your own. (I think it might void your warranty, but don't quote me on that.)
    08-18-08 05:46 PM
    I wouldn't necessarily tell them I'd taken the trackball out. I don't think this case is the ethical dilemma some are. After all you were looking at a part designed to come out in the first place - and it wasn't working properly.

I'm not sure why the trackball housing is magnitized but I don't think it has anything to do with holding it in place - that's what the little retaining ring is for. make sure you put it back together right. If you look at the bottom of the trackball assembly, you'll see a silver connection surface. It has a little tail on it, the tail should point toward you (or toward the bottom edge of your berry. Then you snap the ring back in place.

When you have it back together, take it in for warranty work - or replacement. Now if the trackball is loose, and the problem is there is excess space where the trackball lives, then they should replace the device. If it is simply a worn out trackball, replace the ball and enjoy your Berry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-08 06:21 PM
    I wouldn't necessarily tell them I'd taken the trackball out. I don't think this case is the ethical dilemma some are. After all you were looking at a part designed to come out in the first place - and it wasn't working properly.

I'm not sure why the trackball housing is magnitized but I don't think it has anything to do with holding it in place - that's what the little retaining ring is for. make sure you put it back together right. If you look at the bottom of the trackball assembly, you'll see a silver connection surface. It has a little tail on it, the tail should point toward you (or toward the bottom edge of your berry. Then you snap the ring back in place.

When you have it back together, take it in for warranty work - or replacement. Now if the trackball is loose, and the problem is there is excess space where the trackball lives, then they should replace the device. If it is simply a worn out trackball, replace the ball and enjoy your Berry.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

^^^^^ i agree ^^^^^^
    08-18-08 06:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD