I need help with my screen icons please !! I have a gold phone icon with what looks like chevrons to the left of it....also a white circle with a cross kind of thing to the right of my bluetooth icon...what do they mean? i tried to find them in my manual...no luck ..Oh and I have turned the phone on and off and pulled the battery. Also I dont have any messages or missed phone calls that I dont know about. I checked... thanks!

09-07-08 02:30 PM
    Can you give us a pic of the screen?
    09-07-08 02:33 PM
    Can you give us a pic of the screen?
    sure ...how do i do that?
    09-07-08 02:39 PM
    I would guess the easiest way for you would be to take a pic with a digital camera and upload it here. There are screen shot applications, but I wouldn't recommend buying one just for this purpose.
    09-07-08 02:44 PM
    Rove mobile viewer is free and easy for screen shots Rove Mobile - Rove Mobile Viewer for BlackBerry
    09-07-08 02:45 PM
    ok here are two....thanks for the suggestion..hope you can see them took them with a webcam...
    09-07-08 02:51 PM
    The 1st means you have a missed call, open your phone application to view it. The 2nd unfortunately I can't help you with.
    09-07-08 02:53 PM
    you mean on the call log? i checked and have no unopened missed calls...i wonder if I can remover the icon somehow?
    Last edited by artttom; 09-07-08 at 03:12 PM. Reason: clarity
    09-07-08 02:56 PM
    the second one...

First Icon to the left means you are connected to your bluetooth... second one to the right means that you are on a wifi conection.. the latter I think only because I have friend with a Sprint phone and that is how it appears on his when his wifi is on.
    09-07-08 03:20 PM
    actually i found out it was the Call Forwarding icon...but thanks anyways everyone!
    09-07-08 04:32 PM
    Actually, I have that one displayed all the time on mine... and I do not have Wifi on my device, AND I do not have call forwarding on right now. I did a little experiment, and turned off my connections (flight mode) and the icon was gone. My friend, who works at RIM sais it's likely a 'network' indicator.
    09-07-08 05:46 PM
    Actually, it is an indicator that you have your location turned on. This is the function that supports the police or EMS finding your location via GPS if they have Enhanced 911. If you are with a carrier that supports the ability for phones on a shared plan to locate one another via GPS, this is also used for that purpose.
    Basically, Big Brother is watching you!
    09-07-08 05:56 PM
    Actually, it is an indicator that you have your location turned on. This is the function that supports the police or EMS finding your location via GPS if they have Enhanced 911. If you are with a carrier that supports the ability for phones on a shared plan to locate one another via GPS, this is also used for that purpose.
    Basically, Big Brother is watching you!
    correct location based service is active.
    09-07-08 05:58 PM
    the second one...

First Icon to the left means you are connected to your bluetooth... second one to the right means that you are on a wifi conection.. the latter I think only because I have friend with a Sprint phone and that is how it appears on his when his wifi is on.
    Good guess but the 8330 doesn't have wi-fi.
    09-07-08 06:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD