Hey All,

Maybe I shouldn't have put the Matrix on my Curve, because now it has decided that it can do whatever it wants to!

This is what's been happening: When I first bought the Curve, I set my "Keep Messages" option to "Forever." After a few months I set it to Keep until 30 days old. I noticed that this did no immediate action, and so I just left it and didn't worry about it.

About a month ago, I went on a trip via airplane and had to consequently turn on and off my bberry (maybe insubstantial). As I did this I noticed that all my emails (read and unread) and texts (read and unread) started to automatically "clean themselves up." I thought that it was my switch from "Forever" to "30 days" kicking in...until all of them disappeared, that is- all my emails, SMS, MMS and some of my Facebook application messages. Not BBerry messenger chats though.

This was a problem, because as I tested it out, I sent myself a text, and had a friend do the same. What happened as I received the text is that the little red asterisk appears over the SMS/MMS icon on my home screen, and then promptly vanished along with the text that the person (or myself) sent me. This is not so good.

After a few days, the mysterious text and email deletion ceased, and everything was back to normal. I even switched the "Keep Messages..." dialog back to "Forever."

Today! however, with the keep messages forever set, it came back to haunt me, and started deleting all my SMS and MMS, left 10 Emails, and a few Facebooks.

What is going on?! Is there some sort of bug in my phone? I've tried restarting, taking out the battery and the sim card, as well as the microSD card. Nothing is working.

Help would be amazing.

Desperately Trying To Keep Up,
    Leon Chames
    04-21-08 10:39 PM
    04-21-08 10:41 PM
    Yes, but once it has freed up all the memory it needs, why does it immediately delete messages the second they are sent to or from my phone?
    04-21-08 10:46 PM
    You probably don't have enough memory free. Go to Options > Status. Tell me what you have for File Free?
    04-21-08 10:48 PM
    Yeh, you're totally right. It says 0 bytes....

OK, I've delete some applications, and now have more free space. Wonder why the auto-clean of the messages didn't free up the memory...

Thanks for your help sunkast.

lc
    04-21-08 10:58 PM
    Do you have a memory card ? If not get one !

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-21-08 11:08 PM
    Yep, 2 gigger, I have about 1.5gigs of music, should I use it to store messages on it?
    04-21-08 11:09 PM
    Its just for your media.

04-21-08 11:11 PM
    Follow the thread in my signature to delete some stuff
    04-21-08 11:16 PM
    After getting the memory leak corrected and under control on a Verizon 8830, how do I get the email that was deleted back to my device. I am on a Lotus Notes BES and have followed RIM's instructions of deleting/reactivating device etc. Device is working fine now, but I can't recover lost email. Any ideas?
    07-03-08 10:55 AM
    how do you free up or delete applications?
    07-03-08 11:01 AM
    After getting the memory leak corrected and under control on a Verizon 8830, how do I get the email that was deleted back to my device. I am on a Lotus Notes BES and have followed RIM's instructions of deleting/reactivating device etc. Device is working fine now, but I can't recover lost email. Any ideas?
    To the best of my knowledge, once they are gone, they're gone. Sorry.
    07-03-08 11:02 AM
    Please read this entire thread. Your answers are provided above.
    07-03-08 11:03 AM
    Do you have a memory card ? If not get one !

In this case, that would not help him

Even if he has a media card, he cannot use that to store messages or applications!!

What he needs to do is some serious memory cleaning. Go into your messages and delete all. Then clear your internet cache. If you can spare it, clear your call log. This will do some very fundamental initial cleaning.

Once that is done, follow Stoner's Guide... there is a link in my signature. Using that guide will help tremendously!! (removing the sample video and the default device pics will clear up about 6megs alone!)

Hope that helps!
    07-03-08 11:03 AM
    Welcome to CB!! Pleas take the time to read this thread... and look in my signature for more starter information!
    07-03-08 11:05 AM
    Jenay...is there a way to do it without installing the deskyot manager on a computer?...the bb in question is my wifes..she doesnt have her phone connected to our computer...
    07-03-08 11:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD