Ive had my blackberry curve for about a year and started having problems with my scroll ball about a week ago, it would work for a day, then die a day later, which i didn't mind all that much. But i would take the silver thing around the scroll ball out to take the ball out, then put it back in seeing if it worked better. and the silver thing wore out eventully and stopped holding the ball in. so they both fell out on a huge soccer feild, and i didn't even bother looking for them again.

But, my bestfriend has a blackberry pearl that resently stopped working so she just has it in a closet somewhere.
    My question is,
    Can i take the scroll ball out of her pearl, and put it in my curve?
    if so, how?

thank you SO much!
    05-21-09 08:36 PM
    Yes. They are exactly the same.
    05-21-09 08:41 PM
    1) The roller ball is called a Trackball. 2) The silver thingy is called the ring.

All trackballs are universal, so yes, it will work in your Curve. Underneath the trackball, there is a little silver piece attached, make sure the thinnest part is facing towards the keypad.

On the ring, there are three prongs, make sure there isn't one on the top when you put it back in.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 08:46 PM
    Yay! So is it just as easy as popping out her "trackball" and putting it mine?
    05-21-09 08:55 PM
    Yay! So is it just as easy as popping out her "trackball" and putting it mine?
    Yup, just as easy!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-21-09 09:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD