Ok, so the screw broke and is stuck in the faceplate. Well a piece of it is stuck in there. Decided to order a new one, they actually sent me a faceplate with the same exact problem. Already complaining on ebay. So it looks like this,

Does anyone know how to remove?

Thanks
    03-26-09 07:19 PM
    Sorry, but that screw is so small that I don't think it can be removed if it's jammed in. I looked at a Sears set of screw extractor that I have but the smallest one is still too big. If it's not jammed in, try using 2 needles together and while pushing down, turn counter clockwise. That's all I can think of, sorry
    03-26-09 07:53 PM
    bah i got horrible luck with these things
    03-26-09 08:59 PM
    What do you mean they sent you a faceplate with the exact same problem? They sent you a faceplate 2x with a broken screw in it?

Or did you break the screw 2x, big difference...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-26-09 09:27 PM
    Last ditch idea.... do you have a Dremel tool? You could try using the cutoff wheel to cut a tiny slot in the screw and use a jewelers screwdriver to get it out. Just a thought.
    03-26-09 09:31 PM
    xlide

lol no, it somehow broke in the one that was attached to the curve, then bought another on ebay and the picture you see is the one i got
    03-26-09 09:39 PM
    Shfcs, that would be one thin cutoff wheel to cut a slot in something that thin!

Others have suggested putting a small amt of super glue on the end of something thin and gluing that to the end of the broken screw. I never heard whether that ever works though.

03-26-09 09:39 PM
    hmm lol krazy glue huh?
    might try that
    03-26-09 09:46 PM
    Apply it to the extractor, not the screw, and use very small amts or you risk super gluing the screw into the hole. Lol.

03-26-09 09:51 PM
    I could think of a few better holes to get stuck in
    03-26-09 10:22 PM
    xliderider - I meant to use the cutoff wheel to put a groove in the screw to see if a small screwdriver could maybe turn it if it was not jammed. Ahhhhhh, get your $$$ back and buy another faceplate from a reputable source and be done with it!
    03-26-09 11:06 PM
    Shfjcs, yeah, I got your drift. I'm just saying that is one tiny screw, so cutting a slot in it is next to impossible.

03-26-09 11:41 PM
    now i gotta find something to glue on it, maybe the other end of the screw if possible
    03-27-09 12:12 AM
    guy is sending me a new one, hope this one is not used, good thing though, my screws still didnt come yet
    03-27-09 02:03 PM
    A cut off wheel for a dremel would not work, The thinnest ones are still about the same thickness of the screws, I have a few face plates laying around, and I used to used cut off wheels for all sorts of things when I built and rebuilt RC engines. When people would leave me with stripped bolts and stuff, id have to improvise. Bolts too thin to make a groove in.
    03-27-09 04:33 PM
    dont got a dremel, going to attempt the glue method

also the ebay person promised to send me another faceplate
    03-27-09 06:23 PM
    I am glad that person is sending you another face plate. Currently, that seems like bad times.

03-27-09 06:26 PM
    i got mine out and it was crazy in there wat i did was just got a tiny t5 screwdriver and nudged the littlest edge till i could get it
    03-27-09 07:56 PM
    i got mine out and it was crazy in there wat i did was just got a tiny t5 screwdriver and nudged the littlest edge till i could get it
    how long that take, i dont even think i got an edge i can nudge on
    03-27-09 09:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD