I have a sprint blackberry phone flashed to metro pcs. So i had the problem with the desktop manager i downloaded that a lot of my apps dissapeared, and the one im needing the most is the browser. I tried restoring my phone and i restore it on the setting, and everything restored as if it was brand new, and i dont have it flashed anymore, i lost all my contacts, my messages, i cant even call or do anything.
    how can i get it back ? i think i have it all back it up on the desktop manager! please help.. im freaking out right now.
    07-13-10 09:36 AM
    From what you've wrote I can understand that everything is good now and you've got your Browser but all you need is your contacts and stuff

Search your PC for the backup file. If you have not renamed it it would be in this form ( Backup-(2010-07-13).ipd ).

After locating your backup file, copy it and paste it into a know folder. Run Desktop Manager then Connect your BB via USB cable. Now, click on Backup and Restore and after that click Restore.

Select the backup file from the ''known folder'' and click open.

That should do it.
    07-13-10 12:18 PM
    Well i tried to call but didnt work, then i turned it off and back on and its still flashed.. i can call and send messages again! but the browser is still not there :/
    And ok thank you
    07-13-10 01:16 PM
    Browser Issue.
    Two things I can think of right now:

1. The icon is hidden
    2. Browser is not installed on BB

Hidden icon
    To see hidden icons, go to ''applications Folder'' > press the BB menu button and select ''show all''. Then look for its icon.

Browser not installed
    Go to options > applications ( Core ) and see if browser is in the list. if not, then it is not installed on your BB.
    To reinstall the browser, an OS should be installed on your PC. Go to Desktop Manager > Application Loader > Add/Remove applications ( click on start ).

check the Browser's box and click on start/update/install. Reboot
    Last edited by Ahmed G.; 07-13-10 at 01:50 PM.
    07-13-10 01:35 PM
    How do i install the OS ?
    07-17-10 09:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD