Hi guys

My curve just arrived. When I went into the email settings and said "New User" it said that my pin already has an account in use.

What gives? I got it on eBay. Does this mean the moron who sold it to me is locked to my phone and now I can't use email?

HELP PLEASE FAST!
    01-29-09 08:07 PM
    Hi guys

My curve just arrived. When I went into the email settings and said "New User" it said that my pin already has an account in use.

What gives? I got it on eBay. Does this mean the moron who sold it to me is locked to my phone and now I can't use email?

HELP PLEASE FAST!
    you will have to change the pin for your device, when it comes up new user just change the pin.
    01-29-09 08:09 PM
    I dont think this is a "help fast" kinda thread.

He still has his pin attached to his acct, its not locked, do you know him? he could call his carrier to release it. You could also use the manage internet email icon to remove the email address and enter yours i *think*
    01-29-09 08:09 PM
    you will have to change the pin for your device, when it comes up new user just change the pin.
    You cannot change pins, they are specific to devices not accounts.
    01-29-09 08:10 PM
    Well can you explain how to do that?

It's very frustrating to get a new device and not beable to use it!

HELP
    01-29-09 08:10 PM
    Can you explain the manage internet email thing?

Anyone? hello?
    01-29-09 08:15 PM
    What do you want to know?
    01-29-09 08:19 PM
    When this happened to me I called my carrier and explained what happened. They fixed right up for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-09 08:23 PM
    you have to contact the seller, tell them to call their carrier and have the "release" the pin, make sure to include the pin number in your message...once he does that, you call your carrier and have it registered under your name, then resend service books, and you will be good...

good luck!
    01-29-09 08:24 PM
    ugh this is so frustrating. can someone give me a step by step analysis of what i need to do?

thanks
    01-29-09 08:25 PM
    --read up to my last post...

--e-mail seller to call carrier to release pin
    --call your carrier to register IMEI and PIN
    --re-send service books (use search on the forums there are good posts on how to do this)
    01-29-09 08:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD