Hello... fellow Crackberry users I need your help very bad! Ok.. so I have the curve 8320 by Tmobile... I have an email icon showing with NO emails to delete. I've tried a "quick pull" but it does nothing but ask me to reset now then immediately shuts my phone off. I can't seem to get it to work. But it won't erase the darn icon.....

Ok... secondly, I have soooooo many apps on my phone that according to my applications they are deleted but the actual icons wont go away.. I have to hide everything and thats annoying. Is there anyway to delete them?

Please you guys... Help me...
    04-12-09 03:11 PM
    Hello... fellow Crackberry users I need your help very bad! Ok.. so I have the curve 8320 by Tmobile... I have an email icon showing with NO emails to delete. I've tried a "quick pull" but it does nothing but ask me to reset now then immediately shuts my phone off. I can't seem to get it to work. But it won't erase the darn icon.....

Ok... secondly, I have soooooo many apps on my phone that according to my applications they are deleted but the actual icons wont go away.. I have to hide everything and thats annoying. Is there anyway to delete them?

Please you guys... Help me...
    Have you ruled out:

1. E-mail msg
    2. Blackberry messenger
    3. Sms or mms message
    4. Voicemail

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-09 03:21 PM
    If you saved a message without opening it first, the icon will get stuck there...
    04-12-09 03:39 PM
    Backup, wipe and restore sounds like a probable solution for your second problem.

Do they still show up in the DM?

04-12-09 03:51 PM
    Ok, Courtney a few things.
    To find this indicator go to messages foder hit menu key and go to view folder. Look thruough all the folders there to see if theres something that you missed.
    As far as the apps that you cant delete what applications are you talking about? Are you talking about facebook, myspace,handango, and t-zones? If so you can not delete them. They are pushed via service books to your device from TMO. You will just have to hide them. As long as they are just icons and you havent opened them and installed the actual app they dont take up much space. Go to options/advanced options/applications to see if they are in that list. If not they are just pushed content.
    04-12-09 04:14 PM
    Yes these were the very first things I checked. I just can't seem to find out the problem.
    Have you ruled out:

1. E-mail msg
    2. Blackberry messenger
    3. Sms or mms message
    4. Voicemail

04-12-09 08:34 PM
    How about the other suggestions that were posted?

04-12-09 10:13 PM
    Yea. Thx to those who respnded but yes I did check to see if I saved a message. I erased all msgs out my phone. Icon is still there:-(.
    Backed up wiped and restored still there. To--->tyroleanarcher: yea none of its on my my DM.
    But the apps I believe r pushed frm tmo.

04-12-09 11:41 PM
    Check and make sure you have not hidden a message folder by accident. Go to your main menu screen with all the icons. Hit your menu key. Click show all. Look through the icons and make sure that you do not have your email and SMS folders seperated. You will see another message folder if so.

As far as the icons you can't delete? Those are probably put on by TMO and will not delete. The best you can do is hide them. Hover over the icon you want to hide. Hit your menu button and the select Hide.

04-12-09 11:49 PM
    I got a kind of similar problem to the second problem. I installed a messenger called nimbuz afew weeks ago. Now I don't want it, but I can't delete it!! The desktop manager doesn't show it at all. The bb does show it in it's app list but won't let me delete it! How can't I delete it? Is there any option beside wiping and restoring?

04-13-09 02:58 AM
    Yea. Thx to those who respnded but yes I did check to see if I saved a message. I erased all msgs out my phone. Icon is still there:-(.
    Backed up wiped and restored still there. To--->tyroleanarcher: yea none of its on my my DM.
    But the apps I believe r pushed frm tmo.

Someone else had a similar problem last night. It turned out to be something in his call logs that he missed. Here is the title of that thread. Enter it in search with quotation marks. Try the suggestion by armak.

"cannot find unread message. checked email and txt msgs"

Sorry I couldn't send the link. I'm still learning opera mini.
    04-13-09 04:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD