I recently downloaded OS 4.5.0.81 for my BlackBerry but after doing so it has become ridiculously slow. I cannot find a download link for my old OS which was 4.2.2. I've checked Smartphones, Cell Phones & Smart Phones at BlackBerry.com and the only one offered is the 4.5 which was the one that slowed my BlackBerry down in the first place. I want to downgrade but need help asap with the 4.2.2 link please! I regret this.
    08-18-09 11:35 AM
    See my response in the thread you posted in in the Beta and Hybrid OS Forum.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f95/os-...-8330-a-89275/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-18-09 12:14 PM
    Okay thanks, I did that and the lagginess has decreased to a certain extent but it is still noticeably laggy. How can I make my Bb run as fast and efficiently as it did on os 4.2.2?
    08-18-09 06:17 PM
    All OSs will run slow initially after an update. Your apps are all getting updated, the BB has to resync with the servers, etc.

If it is still laggy after an hour or so, then that is not normal.

08-18-09 08:18 PM
    It is still noticeably laggy and it has been almost a day since I updated my OS. Do you have any tips or ideas on what could be happening?
    08-18-09 11:04 PM
    It is still noticeably laggy and it has been almost a day since I updated my OS. Do you have any tips or ideas on what could be happening?
    Can I ask why you are trying to load 4.5.0.81? There are much newer version of the 4.5 OS available that would probably perform better for you. Just find the Sticky for your 8320 and follow the instructions in the first post.

And by the way, I think you'll be very happy with the improvement brought by 4.5 if you just stick it out and get a good version of it! Good Luck!
    Last edited by Mr. Orange 645; 08-19-09 at 02:03 AM.
    08-19-09 02:01 AM
    Try doing a battery pull. I usually have to do it after an os update and it works.

08-19-09 02:04 AM
    maybe you are runing some apps that are not compatible with the new OS. If you need it, I must give credit to CB member Tronyx. Second time I recommended him tonight. He has a website www.hookedontronyx.com

All OS's have download links on his website. Battery pull is also a good suggestion.
    08-19-09 02:04 AM
    Thank you for all the help everyone, I will be loading the newer version of 4.5 and hopefully it will work much better!
    08-19-09 05:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD