When you deleted the Japanese support in the applications list, did the BB ask you if you wanted to reset the device? If it did, did you?

If you didn't, pull the battery out of the phone with the power still on. Wait a few minutes, then put the battery back and let your BB reboot.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 12:07 AM
    my husband has the same phone is it possible I could add the app from his app loader
    05-30-09 12:08 AM
    Look in his applications list. Is the app there?

05-30-09 12:11 AM
    no luck i rebooted and it still is not there... my documents to go says error starting word to go:module docstogocommon not found
    05-30-09 12:14 AM
    is that b/c i deleted the japaneese font app?
    05-30-09 12:15 AM
    But when you deleted the app, did your BB ask you if you wanted to reset? And did you?

I need this information.

05-30-09 12:17 AM
    so can i just maybe load it from his desktop manager?
    05-30-09 12:17 AM
    yes i did reboot then
    05-30-09 12:19 AM
    so can i just maybe load it from his desktop manager?
    Does he have another computer with a separate installation of Desktop Manager?

Or are you sharing a PC?
    05-30-09 12:23 AM
    a seperate comp
    05-30-09 12:24 AM
    with a seperate instalation of BB desktop
    05-30-09 12:24 AM
    Try plugging your BB into his PC, then open Desktop Manager and open Application Loader. Do you see all the apps, and not just the 3rd party apps?
    05-30-09 12:26 AM
    I can try that tomorrow but i'm sure the only apps avail to be seen are 3rd party b/c thats how mine is...b/c he has a password on his comp and hes asleep...If that doesnt work where can i get the app from to redownload it
    05-30-09 12:30 AM
    I can try that tomorrow but i'm sure the only apps avail to be seen are 3rd party b/c thats how mine is...b/c he has a password on his comp and hes asleep...If that doesnt work where can i get the app from to redownload it
    The easiest scenario would be if he has the app that you deleted on your phone on his phone.

I'm actually glad to end this tonight and continue tomorrow. I've got to go cook dinner for my wife who is getting hungry. And she isn't very happy when she is hungry.
    05-30-09 12:32 AM
    ok well thanks for your help anyway and staying with me..hopefully i see u on here tomorrow..gnight
    05-30-09 12:38 AM
    If I don't catch you tomorrow, I'll outline the steps to take to solve your problem.

1) Make a Backup of your BB using Desktop Manager's Backup/Restore.

2) Make a Backup of third party apps by following the instructions in this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/upda...updated-53201/

3) Use Control Panel's Add/Remove Programs to Remove the Blackberry Device Software 4.5 for 8330.

4) Download and install the Device Software for 8330 from:

BlackBerry® Software Updates

5) Connect your BB to your PC with the USB cable then open Desktop Manager and open Application Loader. Hopefully, the list populates with all the applications, including Support for Japanese Characters and Fonts and Docs to Go. Make sure to check these off, along with everything else you want on your BB. Load them to your BB. Done.

6) If step #5 doesn't work, then wipe your BB with JL Commander:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...l_cmder-53502/

When done, your BB will have no Operating System or anything on it. Don't worry. We will load everything back.

7) With the BB connected to the USB port. Go to C:\Programs\Common files\Research in Motion\Apploader. Double-click on the loader(.exe) file. Your OS should start to load.

8) When your OS is done loading, complete the Restore part of the instructions in the 3rd party backup instruction set in step #2 above.

9) Restore the rest of your stuff by using Desktop Manager and the Backup/Restore app and use the backup file you made in step #1 above.

10) Do the steps in step #5.
    05-30-09 03:17 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD