My curve's is semi busted, meaning that it is like loose. The face place has a piece of a broken screw in it. Does anyone know how to take it out? I don't want to get a new faceplate. I don't even know how that screw got broken.
    It is in the part where you take the face place off on the top and there are those golden thingies. It is stuck there.

Thx
    03-19-09 04:49 PM
    the head of the bolt is broken?

get some needle nose plyers , and back the threads out. then replace with a new screw/bolt which ever is broken.
    03-19-09 04:53 PM
    huh?
    what does back the threads out mean?
    03-19-09 04:56 PM
    Sorry, let me rephrase that, What i mean, is disassemble the phone so you can access that broken screw.

When you have access to that screw, use your needle nose plyers to get a good hold on the broken end of the screw and turn it counter clockwise.

Loosening a bolt is where i get the words back the threads out, Im into mechanics, sorry on my mischoice of words.

Once you are able to get the broken screw out, assemble the phone and use a new screw. BE CAREFUL on not to over torque(tighten) though, just make it snug.
    03-19-09 05:02 PM
    the thing is im wondering if there is enough of the screw for the pliers to grab onto
    03-19-09 05:09 PM
    thats why you have to take the whole housing apart, and get to the troubled screw.

If that fails, im not sure if they make them that small, but check at a hardware store for a reverse tap, called an easy out. im not sure if they make them for that small of a screw though.
    03-19-09 08:43 PM
    yea thats what i mean. the thing is down to the faceplate part, i dont even think pliers can get to it
    03-19-09 09:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD