I just did the upgrade for the OS 4.5.0.81 I do not like it and woul like to get the old one back. It deleted all of my pictures and rintones. How do restore everything?
    11-17-08 10:27 PM
    Which OS did you have before? The stock ATT is available on the blackberry.com website. Your DM should have backed up your pictures, or they should be on your memory card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-17-08 10:31 PM
    I dont know what I had before....Sorry im new to this...whats a DM? and I dont have a memory card.Please help me..thanks
    11-17-08 10:34 PM
    DM = Desktop Manager

Tmobile took down 4.2 when they went to 4.5. Check your PM
    (Private Messages). Top of screen under My Account
    11-17-08 10:49 PM
    You need to get a memory card. Your device can only hold a few pictures before you run out of room and your berry's performance begins to slow to a stop. When you upgraded, the instructions here all advise you to make sure the backup and restore function in apploader is selected. Did you make sure of this?

DM is desktop manager. To go back to the original OS, you need to follow AG's advice to download and save a copy of the OS you want to load, install it on your pc. Then follow the 101 instructions below. What ring tones and pictures are you trying to get back? Your default ringtones should be there. You will probably need to go get any pictures and non original stuff on your own again.

Do you have a back up copy the upgrade instructions told you to make? If you do, you can restore your stuff from there. Anyway follow the instructions below to downgrade:

If you're installing an operating system that's older than your current software, you'll want to download the OS to your PC and launch the .exe file to install the desired OS to your PC.* But when you plug your device into your PC after opening the Desktop Manager, the app won't find any updates and you'll have to instigate the install process yourself. To do so, click the Application Loader icon on the Desktop Manager home screen and then click the Start box on the right side of the screen, beneath Update Applications. The software will then search for updates and won't be able to find any.* On the following screen, click the Advanced tab under Device Application Selection, make sure the list of applications on the next screen includes all programs you wish to include in the install and hit Next again. Choose to backup your application data on the following screen and hit Finish to begin the install

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by exelant; 11-17-08 at 11:06 PM.
    11-17-08 11:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD