OK, so my friend used to have the Curve with sprint. He was able to force his phone to access verizon network by switching the "network selection mode:" to verizon. I can do the same thing with the 8320, and manually switch the network to ATT. However, the phone goes into SOS mode. I know why, bc if I am in an area where Tmo has coverage, even if I don't have a signal for some reason, like being in a building that blocks the signal, I can only access ATT for emergency calls. But why was my friend able to get a signal when switching on the verizon network from his sprint phone? It should be noted that he upgraded to the Tour and is no longer able to do it. He says that is has something to do with the updated firmware.

Is there any way I can get the get my phone out of SOS mode. Maybe downgrade the OS (I am using 4.5) or some type of hack? Is this something that is determined server side and no matter what, there is nothing I can do on my end to fix it? The only reason I think it may not be server side is bc if my friend switches back to his older curve, he can access verizons network again. This is evidence that they was not overall policy change that applied across the board to all phones, rather something to do with the phone itself.

I need to do this bc I get no reception in my school, and all my buddies with ATT are fine.
    08-14-09 10:39 AM
    How are you forcing the phone to change carriers? If your friend contacted version and they okayed the activation of the sprint phone it would work...unusual but they are both cdma carriers.

Your at&t is a gsm (sim card) and if the phone is unlocked you should be able to use it. Again are you saying you have service on tmobile and at&t? Paying for both?
    08-14-09 10:52 AM
    Sounds like your friend was forcing the curve to roam only, which allows sprint phones to use verizon towers. That is a special agremment between sprint and verizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 12:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD