Being a newbie...I can get the basics...but once in a while, the phone will reset itself... and today...when i received a call, it would reset after 1 ring! OMG, i cant figure it out...it happened 3 times today...should i get a new one from tmobile cuz they sold me a lemon?? PLEASE HELP!
    04-10-09 12:41 AM
    If it's a new BB, then yes get another one.

If it's an older BB, it sounds like a bad battery. Plug the BB in to a charger and see if it is ok on some test calls to the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-09 12:46 AM
    Thank u soo much for the info...I thought I did something to it...I will attempt to bring it to a Tmobile store tomolo...hopefully they'll give me another new one since i have that insurance warranty thing... Thnx...Oh, I just tried calling it while it was plugged in...it rang more than once...then when i tried to hit the red button on right (to go back to home screen) THEN it froze and restarted...ARRRGHHHHH! Ok, hopefully they'll give me another one tomolo...Thnx again for ur help.
    Last edited by LMJ_; 04-10-09 at 01:31 AM.
    04-10-09 01:27 AM
    If it's a new BB, then yes get another one.

If it's an older BB, it sounds like a bad battery. Plug the BB in to a charger and see if it is ok on some test calls to the phone.

hey xlide, what would make the battery do that? im just curious because this has happended to a couple different people.
    04-10-09 01:33 AM
    Make a backup using Desktop Manager before taking it in to TMo.

If they don't transfer your stuff from the old BB to the new BB, then you can do a Restore using Desktop Manager to get your messages, contacts and email settings on your replacement BB.

You will still need to log in to your carrier's BIS site to switch the PIN on your email accts.

04-10-09 01:33 AM
    Back up is w/ the CD it came with. Ok gotcha...But wouldnt the 8gig media card retain the info too? I put in the 8gig and when i check to see how much memory is use/left...it still says 7 something even tho I put some stuff on the BB...ok I'll have to ask this last lame question...what is "BIS" site"...i saw that acronym in a magazine i bought...but i dont remember what it is..Thanks for all ur help!
    04-10-09 01:41 AM
    hey xlide, what would make the battery do that? im just curious because this has happended to a couple different people.
    For older BBs the cells in the battery can start to go bad, usually they lose capacity to hold/supply current especially for high drain activity like when the radio transmitter is communicating with the tower during a call. That's why I suggest plugging into a charger to troubleshoot. If it's a bad battery, the extra current provided by the charger will keep the BB from acting up.

04-10-09 01:52 AM
    For older BBs the cells in the battery can start to go bad, usually they lose capacity to hold/supply current especially for high drain activity like when the radio transmitter is communicating with the tower during a call. That's why I suggest plugging into a charger to troubleshoot. If it's a bad battery, the extra current provided by the charger will keep the BB from acting up.

perfect . thank you.
    04-10-09 01:54 AM
    LMJ, your BIS site is easily found by googling TMobile BIS site. Through this site, you can change the PIN number that your email accts are associated with on the Blackberry Internet Servers (BIS) from yor old PIN to your new PIN.

If you don't do this after you get your replacement BB, you will probably not receive your emails.

04-10-09 02:01 AM
    Here's the link:

TMo BIS site

04-10-09 02:04 AM
    Thnx for the 411. I really appreciate it.
    04-10-09 02:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD