HELP!!

I did a back up of my Pearl data before running the 8330 curve install/restore etc.

When I went to restore my data, messages etc to the curve, I did not select "custom" (not seeing an option to select WHAT was to be restored) and it SCREWED UP MY CURVE!!

Now I don't have map, gps, google talk, facebook, live messenger.... a whole pile of apps is either missing or no longer functioning correctly

Does anyone know a way to restore the curve to it's original state? Should I go back to my provider to get it replaced? HELP!!
    06-19-08 02:52 PM
    If you go to Options> Security Options> General Settings> Hit Menu> Select Wipe Handheld... this will return the Curve to it's out-of-the-box, new condition.

Then use your back up to restore.
    06-19-08 02:56 PM
    If you restored the curve from DM then you should be able to go back and restore from DM again. Make sure that restore all of the apps.
    06-19-08 02:57 PM
    Another way you could try instead of backing up and restoring is using the Switch Device Wizard in Desktop manager. It should transfer everything that is on your pearl to your curve.
    06-19-08 03:01 PM
    If none of that works go to your SP's website download and install the OS for your phone on your PC then run app loader and select all of the apps you want to load should work fine.
    06-19-08 03:01 PM
    Thanks for the responses. Switch device and resetting the device wouldn't have worked. My sales rep told me that the apps that disappeared were all web based and were removed because my pearl was not data-plan activated. Once I logged in to my provider site and did my initial email set up, a service pack was sent and everything was restored.

Thanks again!
    06-22-08 09:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD