My friend has an 8310 Curve. I have a 8900. He installs the new download for OS 4.5, but it won't let him install it for some reason on his computer for some reason. Can he bring his phone over to my house and use my Blackberry Manager which is newer and for the 8900 to update his OS? Any ideas on why it won't install? Any help would be appreciated thank you.
    06-25-09 10:01 PM
    When you say thed newest, is that the official release from your friends carrier? If not then you vendor XML file. There are threads around that tell you how to do this.

I am sure if this case, then someone that has the shortcut for info will post it here for you.
    06-25-09 10:09 PM
    He could install a version of bb manager on your pc I believe and use that version for his phone.
    06-26-09 11:41 AM
    it won't let him install it for some reason ...
    That is a common error and easy to correct.

Each BlackBerry device OS install creates a security file to insure it does not accidently get installed on the wrong carriers device.

You need to navigate too: c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader. Scroll to the bottom and delete the file vendor.xml.

That should allow it to install.
    06-26-09 02:00 PM
    And since you will be in the Apploader folder to delete the vendor.xml file, double-clicking the loader.exe file (has a cellphone icon) will launch the apploader to install your OS directly without opening DM.
    06-26-09 02:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD