Hello Everyone,

I'm a new beginner with Blackberry 8310. Today I installed Atomichelix Notify and CB Launcher into my handy, only to find that my Gmail icon was missing from my Mobile Homescreen. Then I checked the application lists, seeing that Gmail was still in the Lists. In order to regain my Gmail icon I deleted Atomichelix Notify! and CB Launcher and reinstalled Gmail 2.0. However, I still couldn't get my Gmail back to my homescreen. Anyone who happens to know how to solve this Puzzling Question please help me out. Gmail means a lot to me. I need it. Please Help! Thanks a lot !
    10-02-08 09:41 AM
    Have you tried going to the app screen (the screen that shows all your icons) and pressing the application button (next to the talk button) and select show all.

And welcome to crackberry!!
    10-02-08 09:51 AM
    To Tae 254:
    i have already press the application button to "show all". But it just doesn't help. Don't know why.
    10-02-08 10:34 AM
    To Tae 254:
    i have already press the application button to "show all". But it just doesn't help. Don't know why.
    Okay. Well have you tried doing a battery pull. And it could very well be one of the new applications that you installed. Try the new app and seeing if your Gmail appears again.
    10-02-08 10:42 AM
    Okay. Well have you tried doing a battery pull. And it could very well be one of the new applications that you installed. Try the new app and seeing if your Gmail appears again.

according to your suggestions I have done a battery pull which does not help.And I have tryed reloaded the Gmail application through my Blackberry desktop management. The Gmail icon is still missing, however, what puzzles me is that the Gmail application is really listed in the application list but not showed on my mobile homescreen. Would you please try to explain such cases ? Is there any software conflicts between Cb Launcher and Gmail ?

Thanks a lot !
    10-02-08 11:39 AM
    Is your bb for commercial or personnal use ?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-02-08 11:47 AM
    Is your bb for commercial or personnal use ?

For personnal use, less commercial.But I used it sometimes to check my mails.Is there any explaination for this strange thing with my Gmail?

10-02-08 12:44 PM
    Have you tried deleting the other apps

10-02-08 01:06 PM
    i currently have both the cb launcher and gmail app installed and have never had this issue. you may try using your dm to delete the app and then reload ota. also if you did a backup on dm before the issue arose, try doing a restore and see if it comes back.
    10-02-08 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD