well ladies and gents, my bb just took a dump on me. it has the infamous reboot loop going. I have tried to do the wipe, but my bb wont even hook up to the loader. when in the connection it always is blank or has the pin number in it. no "unidentified" ever shows. I have been trying to do this for 3 hours.

anyone have any other grand ideas? that would be fantastic. I would like to keep my numbers (200 +) but i do have my old sim so i could just transfer most of them over after i trash all the stuff on my comp. I just cant figure out why i cant ever get the unidentified while in the application loader.

Im about to get something other than a bb. this has been nothing but a pain in the *** every 2 months.
    11-25-10 11:42 AM
    I have tried to do the wipe, but my bb wont even hook up to the loader.
    It appears that u're still using DM. Well, try to wipe using JL_cmdr or BBSAK.
    11-26-10 07:12 AM
    um. ok, I have no idea what your saying other than i am doing it wrong. what is JL_cmdr?
    11-26-10 09:58 AM
    JL_cmdr and BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife) are two apps that provide very low-kevel formatting functionality that can often wipe a BlackBerry and reload the OS even when BlackBerry Desktop Manager fails, as is apparently your case. Sorry, on wap so don't have links handy, but Google should give you what you need and there are many threads on CrackBerry. Best of luck!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    mschuie likes this.
    11-26-10 10:13 AM
    JL_cmdr and BBSAK (BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife) are two apps that provide very low-kevel formatting functionality that can often wipe a BlackBerry and reload the OS even when BlackBerry Desktop Manager fails, as is apparently your case. Sorry, on wap so don't have links handy, but Google should give you what you need and there are many threads on CrackBerry. Best of luck!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    Here are the link for Jl_cmdr
    Windows XP
    JL_Cmder Javaloader Utility

Windows Vista and Windows 7 64 BIT
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/jl_...s-read-111043/

Link for BBSAK
    BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife
    mschuie likes this.
    11-26-10 10:19 AM
    well, i actually found them both. downloaded jl_cmder and got nowhere. couldnt even get it to open up for me.

bbsak opens up but never connects to the bb. now what?

do i need to do this from a desk top? or can it be my laptop...
    11-26-10 04:40 PM
    well, i actually found them both. downloaded jl_cmder and got nowhere. couldnt even get it to open up for me.

bbsak opens up but never connects to the bb. now what?

do i need to do this from a desk top? or can it be my laptop...
    you may need to right click jl_cmder and click "run as administrator"..that may get it to open up..if you need help running it from there (it is very self explanatory, let us know.
    mschuie likes this.
    11-26-10 04:42 PM
    ok i just got this thing to open. i get as far as typing blackberry to confirm the wipe and nothing happens. it just goes back to the starting screen where it has 1 - 7 . with 4 as "wipe"
    Last edited by mschuie; 11-26-10 at 05:30 PM.
    11-26-10 05:16 PM
    Are you doing that with the blackberry connected to the pc?

I like to hit #1..to make sure it picks up my device's info.

Then, I'll hit 4..type blackberry..then type Y to confirm and push enter.

It should then immediately start wiping.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-10 07:36 PM
    the device info turns up blank with the battery out. same with the battery in. wtf?
    11-27-10 10:55 AM
    I suppose that means everyone is out of ideas.
    11-29-10 10:33 PM
    Have you tried connecting your BB to the Desktop Manager without the battery in it? It should hook up and then after awhile, you will get an error message that the phone isn't connected. Just put the battery in then, and it will continue on just fine and reload the OS. I work as a service technician at US Cellular and this method always works for me.
    12-03-10 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD