now i am obviously new to this so bear with me. i want instant email to come to my bb curve 8320 but i have heard that the only way this is possible is to pay tmobile some money for "push" email. i dont even know what push email is. if i have a home network, shouldnt there be a way for me to get automatic "instant" email with a little ringtone without paying tmobile extra? my friend has a sony ericson p1 and he doesnt pay extra for this feature (i think). any help
    01-11-08 10:44 PM
    Nope. Not on a BB. You MUST pay for a Blackberry data plan with TMobile. It's $19.99/month for the data plan...even with a wifi BB you still need the data plan for push email. Pony up the $20 or no email. Sorry.
    01-11-08 10:47 PM
    You need a data plan or the $10 email plan to get email and it happens to be push email so you get it instantly. Without a plan, you cant get email at all.
    01-11-08 10:48 PM
    Good catch, DJ...Yes, the Blackberry email $9.99 plan will work for push email but no internet surfing over EDGE. You'll have to be in a wifi area for that.
    01-11-08 10:50 PM
    thanks for the help so far.

but...............what is up with the gmail app. does it require push email too or does it just work with a wifi connection
    01-11-08 10:53 PM
    The gmail app is not push. Its the opposite, its only a shortcut that takes you to the mobile gmail website. Again, no data plan or email plan, NO PUSH EMAIL.
    01-11-08 11:03 PM
    Well, it's a little more than that. It does download the email into the device. However, you have to open the app, and tell it to retrieve the email. It won't just show up as push mail does. I don't think it works over wifi only, though.
    01-11-08 11:05 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD