I know how to install the media card itself... my problem is when I put in the new card... my themes and some apps wrer gone. Do I need to format the card... transfer stuff... I don't want to do I need to format the card in the phone onthe computer and if in the computer "how". I am trying to go to a 1gb to a 4gb... I looked on the forums for awhile and found only the tutorial on inserting the card, I had no trouble with that.
    Also, sorry if there is already an answer out there...
    Thanks for any advise.
    Shari
    BB 8330
    OS 4.50.186
    04-15-10 06:46 PM
    Apps and themes are installed to the app memory on the phone. Unless you have Aerize card loader than they won't be on the card at all.

Here's what I would do though.
    1. Leave 1gb card in BB, hook up to PC, and copy all it's contents to your computer.
    2. Remove 1gb card from BB
    3. Put new 4gb card in
    4. Go to Options>Memory>Hit BB button> Select "format card"
    5. Hook BB back up to computer, and load all your stuff back onto it.
    6. Disconnect and pull the battery just because.

Your new card should then be up and running.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-10 06:58 PM
    I have never transferred anything from my BB to the computer... how and where do I send and retrieve it?
    04-15-10 07:02 PM
    Just right click on the drive named BLACKBERRY and select copy, then right click
    on the C:\drive and click paste. This will make a file for file copy.

To copy them back to the BlackBerry do the same, in reverse.
    04-15-10 07:30 PM
    Thank you... I am going to give this a shot. Family PC so I'll need it to myself for a bit to do this tomorrow (I hope)... I'll let you know how it goes.
    Thanks for the info.
    Shari
    04-15-10 08:09 PM
    Thank you to all the help I recieved. I finally was able to load my new media card, I didn't loose any of my themes but my ringtones that I purchased and put on my phone are gone... I retrieved them and dropped them into ringtones however... there is no data... "BOO"
    Any Tip?
    Thanks again
    Shari
    04-18-10 06:45 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD