Hi,

I have been trying all morning to downgrade from 175 to 138 with no luck. At home I have DM 5 and finally found the link to downgrade but had to abort the process and go to work as it was STILL trying to downgrade more than an hour later and was only on step 3. I'm at work now and just uploaded DM6 and can't find a way to downgrade from the DM. I then tried searching for a link from which I could simply upload 138 but can't...can anyone help? Thanks!!
    08-23-10 12:07 PM
    The problem you're having is the reason you should never delete your old OS version. Carriers typically only have latest officially released version on their site. If you still had 138 installed on your PC, all you would have to do would be to delete 175. The App Loader would detect the OS on the BlackBerry is later than the version installed on your PC and prompt you to downgrade.
    08-23-10 02:52 PM
    The problem you're having is the reason you should never delete your old OS version. Carriers typically only have latest officially released version on their site. If you still had 138 installed on your PC, all you would have to do would be to delete 175. The App Loader would detect the OS on the BlackBerry is later than the version installed on your PC and prompt you to downgrade.
    Hi,

I NEVER had 138 installed on my phone or computer...my phone came pre-installed with .77 when I purchased it in December of 2008 and I only changed the OS maybe three months ago when I saw a thread about the official VZ 175. When I went on DM 5 this morning..for some reason I was given the option of 175 or 138. Like I said..the downgrade was going fine but took forever and was not nearly done and I had to go to work. I guess I will try doing it that way again when I go home. Thank you.
    08-23-10 03:19 PM
    FYI, 4.5.0.138 isn't a good OS at all. That is why Telus and Verizon quickly made higher OS versions available because of all the problems in .138.

4.5.0.138 is the only OS that doesn't have a call timer displayed while in a call.
    08-23-10 04:22 PM
    Thank you!! Based upon your advice I went nack to my trusty .77 OS...thank goodness!! The DM 5 let me downgrade tonight with no problem...I have no idea why the DM6 would not. Mayb I had the 138 and 77 on my home computer? I have no idea...anyway...problem solved!!
    08-23-10 07:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD